Netflix Recommendations Thread

I was wondering that too. Though it wouldn't mean she wouldn't be in it, just maybe in a different capacity. Either way, that ending was so good I'd be fine if that's it. Though the response seems to be pretty positive.

Love, Death and Robots:

For anyone who might have read the "Heavy Metal" comic way back when, well, "Love,Death and Robots" is a very ,very much like an updated animated version of it (and the film).
With that in mind many of its short episodes are pretty much focused on extreme violence, gore and action (plus gratuitous sex scenes that seem way out of step with todays more socially accepted values), but there are a few occasionally ones that are more thoughtful and entertaining. Alot have a "Black Mirror" like sting in the tail.

And not many of the stories therefore are very original but some are very good and pack a certain visceral punch.

What is definitely very striking is the tremendous quality of the CGI animations in all of them and are worth a watch if only for that.

I liked Ice Age/ Lucky 13/ Helping Hand/ Good Hunting/ Fish Night/ Three Robots/ and Zima Blue particularly.

Last edited:
The Dirt is awesome!! Best rock movie since Spinal Tap. So much better than Bohemian Rhapsody. While BR was a pretty good movie it was so watered down it was ridiculous. The Dirt definitely tells it like it is (or was). Yeah, some liberties were taken, just like with all movies based on books, but still its a no holds barred account of the world's most notorious band. So good!!!!!

MUCH better film than Bohemian Rhapsody. It's hard to believe the band members are still alive today... Nikki Sixx especially.

The Dirt is awesome!! Best rock movie since Spinal Tap. So much better than Bohemian Rhapsody. While BR was a pretty good movie it was so watered down it was ridiculous. The Dirt definitely tells it like it is (or was). Yeah, some liberties were taken, just like with all movies based on books, but still its a no holds barred account of the world's most notorious band. So good!!!!!

"YOU" - Guy gets a crush on a girl and starts doing all kinds of creepy stuff to get to her. Kind of get a Dexter vibe from this one.

House of Cards if you like extremely intense intellectual shows. The 70's Show if you want to be happy, when I am mentally dead thinking about something from college I just watch it and after I get really relaxed and happy. The Society its a apocalyptic show in which a group of high schools go on a field trip but they go back home because it was raining and bam--no one is there in their town.

Scare Tactics - with Tracy Morgan so it's the newer ones but watching the marks cuss out the accomplices uncensored is worth the price of admission.

Just finished my second binge watch of Ozark. Man, you just can't say enough good things about this show!! So damn great. Personally I would take this over Breaking Bad any day. As much as I loved BB, I just really didn't care if anyone in it died. With Ozark, I really care about these characters.
When the heck is season 3 coming out?

Ozark is so good! House of Cards (I am not sure whether I have said that before) Disenchantment by Matt Groening. Second season coming out tomorrow!!! Futurama, Friends, the Office (I read somewhere that its fourteen percent of the views that Netflix gets), the 70s show, Cheers

Well, I came over to this thread today to see if there was any discussion about the final season of Orange is the New Black, but after finishing it, I realize there is pretty much nothing in the entire season to be discussed that would be allowed on this forum.

If you've watched it, you know exactly what I mean.

I can't post anywhere expressing my adoration for The King so I'm bumping this thread up.

Great. Really great. A movie of finesse and precision. I cannot recommend it enough.

Not Netflix, but Amazon Prime. Has anybody watched Hunters? About these Nazi hunters in New York in the 70s. I started it last night and it seems pretty good so far. Although I must warn you, the first episode has probably the most vomit inducing scene I've ever witnessed!! And it is not gore or torture or anything like that. No blood, no guts, no tears, but I literally had to turn away during the entire scene...could....not....watch ..it. BLECH!!!

If you've seen it, you know exactly what I am referring to.......:eek:

Sorry that it is not Netflix, but if you have Hulu, I would suggest watching the following:

Devs
Trust
Misfits
Dave
Future Man
The Eric Andre Show
What We Do In The Shadows
The Terror
The Strain
Aniara
Pooka

I've tried hulu, but they have a mega grudge against android TV it seems. App is buggy as hell and they seem to have no inclination to fix it.

I didn't think much of Hulu but they have some decent programming. I got Hulu and Showtime with a subscription to Spotify so I figured why not check it out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back