NeoRutty's Prop Projects - ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Bucket - Pointers requested?

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - Correct Praco for Yoda saber! pics.

Double posting this, but hey! Why not? Keep it altogether...

I think this may be my weekend plan... unless I get called in to work...

26649250341_34b4a87352_c.jpg

The left is my Bolsey yoda with scratch built control box and grips...

The two other flash's are both praco - one with a black end cap. I'm only going to work with the clean end version (with the reflector) but am keeping the other praco until I know I have all the correct parts in the clean end one (like the brass screw). Didn't want to sell the extra and find out I'm missing pieces.

The grips and oil pan are from the recent run...

And of course that wheel... which I THINK is the right one. If it's not, I've never had a correct one... and all three I've had are wrong.

But I'm pretty positive it's correct.

And then the cases... which I believe are the same one's as ED209's display of the original.

26111583283_4c3ec38a9d_c.jpg

It's funny to me to see all of this, considering I hate that Yoda uses a lightsaber in the flicks. If he had it just hanging from his belt, or showed it at some point, fine. But the fighting scenes? Meh.

Anyone paint the grips? or have done anything to them? Seems like the should be more rubbery or have some sort of texture.

That's the correct wheel. I left the grips as is, but check out ref images to see how the originals are. Nice builds you got going there.

Well while I haven't had a chance to get my praco's apart (this coming weekend maybe?!) I have a new distraction... I got a package this week that will impress NO ONE, but that I'm excited a bout...

Cuz I have terrible taste.

Cuz I love Vader stunt sabers.

And cuz I've always wanted to make THIS saber:

27288252181_9958c5b881_c.jpg

And now for the low, low price of 10 bucks or so, I have this:

27288240671_8f86d9280d_c.jpg

27288240611_cc4c50e40e_c.jpg

27288241001_7a55c636e3_c.jpg

So in all likelihood I'll use Roy's grips, rounded out, and figure what type of screws to use (if you know what those are, drop a message!)

The rest will be scratch... and I believe Teecrooz will be hooking me up with a graflex slave.

And eventually I'll actually start putting these parts together!

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - Vader stunt (?) awesomeness.

HRRRM. Looking at these pics I can now see my kid has been using my bar top to cut things.... :angry

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - Vader stunt (?) awesomeness.

Nice!! I must have missed that that stunt saber's shroud had been identified. Makes me want to do one too :)

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - Vader stunt (?) Strobonar Flash awesomeness.

That´s about as far as I am currently with this build :lol

Please let me know if you find the wiper-blade connectors ;)
Looking forward to your WIP pics!

That´s about as far as I am currently with this build :lol

Please let me know if you find the wiper-blade connectors ;)
Looking forward to your WIP pics!

I doubt I'll find anything for the wiper blades... doesn't seem TOO Difficult a piece to just make myself out of something... have to think about it.

I'm guessing the band is just hose of some sort... I'll have a look through Auto shops and the like.

I LOVE this, so Maybe I also have bad taste. How did you cut down the flash top? it looks like there used to be a switch there, unless you just hack sawed through the unit?

I think those are little hex screws, like the Energizer Bunny saber

Also, remember the shroud goes around the graflex slave unit, not it's original tube. You could implant a threaded rod into a dowel or something (screw the hex screws into and then just screw the graflex slave on! (it has a tripod socket i'm 90% sure)

I LOVE this, so Maybe I also have bad taste. How did you cut down the flash top? it looks like there used to be a switch there, unless you just hack sawed through the unit?

I think those are little hex screws, like the Energizer Bunny saber

Also, remember the shroud goes around the graflex slave unit, not it's original tube. You could implant a threaded rod into a dowel or something (screw the hex screws into and then just screw the graflex slave on! (it has a tripod socket i'm 90% sure)

So that huge light just comes apart with the loosening of a few screws, leaving the "shroud" on its own. I told my friend he could keep the top (he likes to build weird lights... robots... etc).

So all I need to do to finish the shroud is cut the lower part of it thinner and round out the top part (I'll try and do a nicer job than they did). Also need a rectangle piece of styrene or something on the top.

I'll make the D-ring holder out of styrene and ad the ring and screws.

Control box will also likely be styrene... and then I'll paint up the card on a piece of transparent plastic or something.

As for where the shroud attaches, I'm waiting for a slave unit and going from there... I'm not in a big rush...

Hey all... May have the opportunity to drill some rivets this weekend... and I'm torn on how to go about this... I'm putting the grips on my Luke Broadsword, and going with an ESB look (differ it up from Roy's)

At first I thought for sure I would just put a rivet on either end, the same distance as the ESB saber on both ends...

But now I'm wondering if I should stagger one or the other.

Now before I cut these grips, thought I would get some opinions.

First... even on both ends:

28109789496_5d34375ae2_z.jpg

Staggered to the front:

28040344992_1a2855bf61_z.jpg

Staggered to the back:

28040345072_f8dba11eab_z.jpg

Aaaaaand GO!

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - OPINIONS WANTED!! Luke Broadsword! See post #211

Looking at those now... I'm still thinking even on both ends... what you guys think?

I know it's tough to picture... if I had Roy's skillz I would whip up a Modeled example, but this will have to do! (gotta cut tomorrow to get it ready on time)

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - OPINIONS WANTED!! Luke Broadsword! See post #211

Staggered at the front keeps the rivets away from the busy center, it's my favorite :)

Maybe it's too symmetrical? I kind a like the asymmetry of the ESB saber. Perhaps like this:

66e9344079fbc5ea41c9170b54214c7b.jpg

Roy

I like staggered to the front as well. Although Roy's idea is neat. Hmm...

I guess I didn't help.

Maybe it's too symmetrical? I kind a like the asymmetry of the ESB saber. Perhaps like this:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160707/66e9344079fbc5ea41c9170b54214c7b.jpg

Roy

It's not bad, but the one thing I'm always considering (which is kind of laughable) is how uncomfortable the ESB grips are with cutaway... so double teeth near the end...ouch.

I also thought of one mid band, leaving two places for hand grips.

also looking at yours I'm wondering if I should angle the edges... but then that's not very ESB.

Finishing my Prop Projects - OPINIONS WANTED!! Luke Broadsword! See post #211

I've got the ANH version and you ESB :)

But don't over-think it too much. The first intuitive thought is probably the best! I like your suggestions a lot as well, especially the one staggered to the front.

Roy

Last edited:

Old Obi-Wan is waving his hand in front of his ghost face ... like so :facepalm ... thinking ' ... this is not what I've been teaching all these years ... in regards to making your own saber after finishing your Jedi-exams ... ' :wacko

Chaim

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back