Need Tons Of Help And Advices Fellow Hunters

murdaone2002

Good Day Fellow Hunters

Im Richard, from the Philippines, I would want to make a whole predator costume, but dont exactly know to start...i make some bio's via pepakura that i downloaded from sir movieman's creation, but its hard on the resin/fiberglassing part...is there any alternative that you can advice to hardened the pep bio i made...want to try CLAY, but dont know what kind of clay...please guys need your help and advices, if you can post photo of the kind of clay, it would be a big-big help...

second, is it clay that they were using to make a sculpt of a predators head? isn't supposed to be a rubber or latex? I dont know were i could find some readables here...or if i use a pepakura again for the head, since there was some creations made by sir movieman, what can i apply on the cardboard to make it look real skin thing...by the its not cardboard i was using exactly but a vellum paper with 120gsm paper quality...

PLEASE GUYS NEED YOUR HELP AROUND HERE! THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!

All i can say is brush thin coat of resin on your pep bio,let harden and do inside too.once you get a few coats on it,it should be strong.Then bondo(car filler)the top and sand smooth,so you build up coats and detail.W.E.D clay or any oil based clay will work very well.As for the mask,its clay sculpted then moulded and latex used to make the mask from the mould.

when i hardened the pep, i also use a fiber matt then resin, because in the philippines theres no cardboard, thats why i use vellum paper...and about latex, there is none also in the philippines for this stuff, the only thing that we have here is RTV585, silicone rubber, so the thing that i think that i can do is make a pep file of the head, and apply coats of this rtv to have a mask...big thanks for your reply sir carss66, i hope you would still help...

**AUTOMATED RESPONSE SYSTEM**

We have a search function for all your informational needs. See highlighted image below. Such words as "clay, latex and resin" will come in handy when using this function.

highlight.jpg.gif

Please feel free to use this function at your leisure.

**AUTOMATED RESPONSE SYSTEM . . . END**

hi mate there is a lot of information here use the search function
a quick advice for a good build you need a nice base you can use 180 o 200gr paper next step resin inside and reinforce with fiber finished with car filler(i use polyester bondo) for sculpture i use water base clay once the sculpture is finished comes the mould process so you can pull of a latex finished mask

yes, there are a lot of informations here, but quite hard to read everything, thats why i make a thread of my own so that i can easily read the advices...anyway about the sculpt, is it ok to use a homemade polymer clay, i have found a homemade polymer clay recipe in google...is it ok if i use that...after a made a sculpt, the next thing that i should do is make a mould out of it right? then on the mould, i will be casting the latex rubber...​

by the way, can you link me up on a step by step process of making a mask...​

thanks sir scorpion​

yes, there are a lot of informations here, but quite hard to read everything, thats why i make a thread of my own so that i can easily read the advices...anyway about the sculpt, is it ok to use a homemade polymer clay, i have found a homemade polymer clay recipe in google...is it ok if i use that...after a made a sculpt, the next thing that i should do is make a mould out of it right? then on the mould, i will be casting the latex rubber...​

by the way, can you link me up on a step by step process of making a mask...​

thanks sir scorpion​

if you use water based clay once the sculpture is finished you have to do the mold because if you let it dry breaks if you use oil-based clay you have no problem you can make the mold at any time

here i found termokk's thread have a look!!!

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/17952-predator-20/

thanks for giving some links sir scorpion...now my next question is, is it ok to use homemade oil based clay, this is a bit economical...and is polymer clay same with oil based clay, because if it is not good to use homemade clay, is polymer clay good to use...thanks and waiting for feedbacks...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back