Need to make a prop for school (beginner-new)

HandsomeDave

I just joined this forum today, hope to get some good knowledge off here. But my question is, I'm not sure what to make... May sound like a stupid question, but I need to make a weapon or any prop from a movie, etc. for my production class.

I was going to do a bow and arrow, but I thought I would rather do something film wise, that I would find interesting.

Is there anything you guys started out with making that was semi-easy, and affordable?

Appreciate the help, :)

Hmmm, Hardware Lightsaber? other than that, what are you interested in? What is your favorite movie?

Give us a little more to go on and I am sure you will have a ton of ideas come your way.

thomas;)

Hmmm, Hardware Lightsaber? other than that, what are you interested in? What is your favorite movie?

Give us a little more to go on and I am sure you will have a ton of ideas come your way.

thomas;)

Anything really, I love all sorts of movies, the Bourne trilogy to Star Wars, anything goes.

Props can be scratch built, made using pepakura, or built on another item (base) like nerf guns. I would guess it all depends on your budget. What tools and materials you have available, Time factor, And your skill set. There's thousands of movie props. A table lamp can be a movie prop. Then there are weapon props. Both Sci-fi and real world based. Just need to find what you would like to try.
While I cant speak for anyone here. It does seem that the members here are will to help out if they can.

You can make a fairly decent looking lightsaber out of sink tubes and other random PVC parts. It's pretty easy to do, just take a tube, and put on some random parts. Give it a coat of metallic paint and you're done.

You could also find a briefcase, stick in a yellow light, and now you're carrying whatever Marcellus Wallace wanted in the briefcase from Pulp Fiction.

Go to papercraftmuseum.com for PDF paper life size models of the pulse rifle from aliens / Lawgiver from Judge Dredd / Phased plasma rifle from Terminator.... Just to name a few. Print the model out on cardstock and you are good to go. There is also a very simple iron man helmet PDF.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back