Need ideas for a Star Trek display...updated an finished...for now

Re: Need ideas for a Star Trek display

The original material isn't available but there is material out there that is close.
This pic is from Star Trek Phase II.
You could probably ask them where to get it from.

The original material isn't available but there is material out there that is close.
This pic is from Star Trek Phase II.
You could probably ask them where to get it from.

Do you know what it's called (or how I would refer to it at the fabric store?
The woodwork should be pretty easy.

I'd like to know too. I'm doing a Star Trek office so those background pieces would be cool.

Does anyone know the material Phase II is using for their TOS. bedspreads?

Do you want this corner of the room to look like a set or does it just need to be Trek related?

So long as it's TOS related, we're pretty open. Hell, if I could get me hands on a Vulcan harp (lute) that would solve a big part of the problem!

Hmm perhaps I'm a bit late on this but how about a see through bulk ead? Not geographically correct but how about if that desk was set directly under a window that looked out into hmm lets say the warp core? You could make a "window" frame with detailed surround and under some plexii glass have a scaled view from some part of the ship. That might be cool?

My local sub-shop has counters that look kind of like that.

Metal surface polished, and then circles lightly ground in.

Sort of like this....

View attachment 450916

The shops counters circles are in ordered rows, not overlapped and look more like the artwork.

You can do that with a hand-drill or drill press and a wire cup. Do an even overlapped pattern and you get that.

Well, after a few months I decided to go with something I really needed...more prop space! So I added a few extra shelves and I did a little McCoy display to the right of the desk. Plus, I now have a space to put Nomad!

image.jpg

Well, after a few months I decided to go with something I really needed...more prop space! So I added a few extra shelves and I did a little McCoy display to the right of the desk. Plus, I now have a space to put Nomad!
Nicely done... although it appears that Kermit has a question regarding the placement of Nomad. :)

I know I have been trying to get Dad to do a weapons locker with 5 PHASERS in it, on the wall ( cause he has them ) for his TOS Kirks chair , with a shadow box of Kirks uniform top with insignia....but he aint going for it , at least not yet ...LOL

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back