Need Idea for Comic Con Costume, Poison Ivy and who?

AJRand

Sr Member
So my friend wants to do a duo costume this year and I normally do Fight Club. I also go pretty much all out. She loves poison ivy and was wondering what can of costume should I pair with it? I wanted to go as Dexter from the TV show one day as I get tons of people that say I look just like him. My body type is really buff and ripped (Think physique type competitors in bodybuilding). I know in the 90's Batman there was a bane and Poison Ivy duo but I am not sure if I want to do that.

Anyways, anyone want to be able to shoot me any ideas? I did think about Dexter and Poison Ivy being both killers or maybe a Joker and Poison Ivy (Do they ever pair up in the comics?)

Thanks

I'm a fan of doing less common characters so that i stand out and have a better chance of being the only one, that's why I'm working on a Kingdom Come/Infinite Crisis (game) inspired Green Lantern Knight costume on my thread. That being said, Calendar Man is a pretty uncommon villain, as well as Hush (a personal favorite villain of mine). I've attached some reference images for these two characters below.

images.jpg imagesCA6WW35G.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
VinMan BAT NIPPLES!!!!!!!!! lol

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    557.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 1untitled.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:
You could always be a mind controlled batman/robin/nightwing. I've only seen it done right once so it would still be original. Basicly it's the normal character, except you have random vines and roses around your body, green eyes (could be done with contacts or the mask), a lipstick kiss mark on your cheek, and the suit is usually slightly battle worn with green tinges to some parts. It would definately be a hit at any conventions to see a stunning poison ivy walking with her plant mind slave batman/robin/nightwing. It's happened several times to people throughout the comics, with Ivy's characteristic line, "You know you can't resist me. No man can."

I'm a fan of doing less common characters so that i stand out and have a better chance of being the only one, that's why I'm working on a Kingdom Come/Infinite Crisis (game) inspired Green Lantern Knight costume on my thread. That being said, Calendar Man is a pretty uncommon villain, as well as Hush (a personal favorite villain of mine). I've attached some reference images for these two characters below.

View attachment 439328 View attachment 439329

- - - Updated - - -
@VinMan BAT NIPPLES!!!!!!!!! lol

I can get behind that. But I do feel there is a careful line to walk. I never want to be so obscure that people don't recognize the character and therefore have no emotional attachment to it. The costume I feel was my most successful was very common, Buzz Lightyear. But the execution was very authentic and very challenging to deliver. So for that reason most people had a huge reaction to it. It connected with them from a very basic level. So there are many ways to hit a home run if you put the time in.

Oh absolutely, being willing to put the time and effort into making your costume is one if the biggest factors. It can make your costume stand out from the crowd just by paying attention to some of the smaller details that the other people cosplaying the same character may have overlooked. That Buzz Lightyear sounds really cool. Can you post some pictures for the rest of us to see? Also, good luck on deciding who to do.

I have a build of it the replica costumes section. You can also find it in the 2014 rpf halloween costume contest. It placed first in the men's category

Oh absolutely, being willing to put the time and effort into making your costume is one if the biggest factors. It can make your costume stand out from the crowd just by paying attention to some of the smaller details that the other people cosplaying the same character may have overlooked. That Buzz Lightyear sounds really cool. Can you post some pictures for the rest of us to see? Also, good luck on deciding who to do.

I have a build of it the replica costumes section. You can also find it in the 2014 rpf halloween costume contest. It placed first in the men's category

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that on The RPF facebook page. Congratulations on winning that, really good job.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back