need help with paiting styles please

jay hfd

hi hunters
was going to try to paint my wolf armour,has anybody got any answers.......wanted to get that almost sort of rusty industral sort of look rather than sort of shiney.
and best way to do it i.e spray or brush
thanks guys

Well, I recommend just trying a few things out myself, just trial and error and everything, just to see what works for you. And as for how to do it, I'd say its realy up to you. You could use an Airbrush, or you could use a traditional brush. Its really up to you and your preference.

Dave

as said, trial and error, there is not right or wrong way to do any of this, whatever works for you, as long as you are happy with the end result, and your paint does not flake off.

like some peices i see and hear of.

Yeah like Ta2pro said have a go at Drybrushing, what i like to do is spray the whole thing black.
Then add a dark grey and build up with different tones of silver from then on with darker shadowing in the groves.
works for me.

I did mine with a base coat of hammerite hammered silver spray (or whatever colour you want your armour), and then sponging the weathering on (black acrylic paint) until I was happy with it. Besides if you muck it up, just paint over it until you get your desired effect. Like everyone says above, until you're satisfied ~there are no hard and fast rules. Just have a blast doing it :lol:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back