Need Help With Batman Cosplay

CheggyChonkers

Hey all, brand new member here. I've wanted to make my own batsuit for a while now, and I finally have the opportunity to with the big convention in my state opening again. This is my first time ever doing a cosplay, so I don't want the suit to be too elaborate or expensive, but something that will also look nice and be functional. Something like this:
0769f10d2020ac7303c1da9f79a47f73.jpg

Or this:
20210521_152633.jpg

I know I'll need to buy some things, like the boots, undersuit, or even the cape. But I'm also wondering how I should go about doing the cowl. Would buying one be the best option for me, or should I try to make one out of fabric or something? I guess what I'm trying to say is I have no idea how to make this costume happen (what material to use, how to put one together, etc). Any and all help would be appreciated!

There are great tutorials on how to make Batman cowls out of EVA foam. It's cheap and it looks great with a little work and a lot of patients. Here is an example that I found really helpful. There are a ton of different free templates and tutorials, but this one is really easy so it's good for beginners. Expect to try a few times before you make one you're happy with. Good luck.

Batman Cowl Template/Tutorial

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back