Need help with 2006 Illinois driver's license

CaptainHarkness

Hi, gang!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm working on a "Jimmy Novak" replica driver's license from Supernatural, but the best reference I could find for it is this blurry image. It doesn't show the back, and the photo of Jimmy is pretty noisy.

Does anyone here have an Illinois driver's license from around 2006 that you'd be willing to photograph the back of for reference purposes? It doesn't have to be exactly 2006, as long as the back design was what they used in '06. Alternatively, if you have reference photos of the front and back of the actual prop, that would be even better.

Additionally, might someone have a clear version of Jimmy's license headshot that you would be open to posting?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. You're the best!

images_2_1_1-1.jpeg

First, potentially, what you show there is NOT even what a Illinois front of a license looks like. I google imaged, and could only find one issued in 2007, not 2006, but it did NOT look anything like what you show there. At all. A lot of shows use bogus drivers license designs so that they can not be confused with a real license and be used for evil.

So, since the front is bogus, what you put on the back doesn't really matter either.

Thanks for this context. I don't know where my previous reply went, so I'll repost it again!

I'm not trying to make a realistic fake driver's license. I'm trying to make a reproduction of what Castiel carried in his wallet, to as screen accurate a degree as possible. So, if the actual prop's front looked "unrealistic," that's fine - I just need to know what the "unrealistic" layout on the back is as well.

Ok, so these are examples of real ones, or a prop made using a real one but this could be a help in your quest.
Il-Dl.jpg
Weatherman01.png
Weatherman02.png

I can't find my old license and my current one doesn't have the same declarations BUT

Here's what I can read on that prop photo.

(Across the top)
THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT UNDER THE UNIFORM
ANATOMICAL GIFT ACT (ON SOMETHING?) LAW
I hereby obey the anatomical gift effective upon my death
DATE

(right aligned)
Blood Type
RH Factor

Medical
Information
Living Will
Seal Area

(Left aligned)
Use all organs (can't make out)
Use only these organs
Signature of Donor __
Witness __
Witness __

I can't find my old license and my current one doesn't have the same declarations BUT

Here's what I can read on that prop photo.

(Across the top)
THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT UNDER THE UNIFORM
ANATOMICAL GIFT ACT (ON SOMETHING?) LAW
I hereby obey the anatomical gift effective upon my death
DATE

(right aligned)
Blood Type
RH Factor

Medical
Information
Living Will
Seal Area

(Left aligned)
Use all organs (can't make out)
Use only these organs
Signature of Donor __
Witness __
Witness __

Thank you, d_jedi1! These details are very helpful. I very much appreciate your time and consideration!

For what it's worth, a lot of the time television productions like Supernatural will just put a black stripe (like the one you see on the backs of credit cards and such) on a white background and call it done. So it looks the part for what is probably the split second you see it on camera, and that's all it needs to do.

For what it's worth, a lot of the time television productions like Supernatural will just put a black stripe (like the one you see on the backs of credit cards and such) on a white background and call it done. So it looks the part for what is probably the split second you see it on camera, and that's all it needs to do.

Oh, nice! That's good to know. Thank you! Do you happen to know if any photos exist of any other driver's licenses (specifically, the backs) from the show?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back