NEED HELP TRYING TO FIX SPIDER-MAN SUIT

nanoruined

got my first suit off Herostime a week ago, the suit was completely fine and i had worn it a few times before actually wearing it out on halloween. then that night i noticed these white streaks started appearing on the blue metallic part of my suit. the red part is completely fine and unaffected, i tried giving the suit a wash but it didn't go away. if there's anyway i could fix this please help!! i would like to do all i can to keep this in the best condition!!
IMG_7622.jpg
IMG_7626.jpg
IMG_7623.jpg
IMG_7625.jpg
IMG_7624.jpg

got my first suit from Herostime. i had worn it a few times prior and the suit was completely fine and undamaged for the first few days before i actually wore it out on halloween. that night however, i noticed these white streaks that appeared on the blue metallic part of the suit. the red part is completely fine. is there anyway i can fix or get rid of this? please help because i'd like to keep it in the best condition i had and this certainly has me stressed out thanks!!! (edit: looks like i posted this twice by accident, seems like my computer bugged out super sorry about it).

IMG_7622.jpg
IMG_7626.jpg
IMG_7623.jpg
IMG_7625.jpg
IMG_7624.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it might just be the metallic finish is flaking off, which can happen with metallic fabrics, especially stretchy ones.

aw what a shame, is there anyway i can fix it? even if its temporary i dont mind.
I don't know. I'm not even sure if that's the problem - I don't have that much experience with metallic fabric - but that's my best guess. I did just find this site that mentions some of the issues with lamé fabrics, which sounds similar to the problems you're experiencing:

You could try painting the light areas with metallic fabric paint, but it will probably be hard to match the color exactly. Any fixes will probably just be minimizing the damage rather than truly repairing it, though. I haven't used any metallic fabric paints, so you should do some research, read reviews, before deciding. I see Amazon has several different brands avaiable, that could be a good place to start.

If you do decide to use fabric paint, I'd test it on some scrap fabric if you can, preferably the same type of base fabric ay least. You can also test a small area of your costume that isn't too visible, just in case.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back