Need help reinforcing a rubies bio!

Tsurabisu

Hey, everyone. I finally got around to actually working on my suit and I ran into a problem. I’m using a rubies deluxe two piece mask and bio as a base, but I’m making a custom bio, going with molded foam mats. The problem I have is that the plastic bio the mask comes with is pretty much paper thin and wouldn’t be able to support the weight (or heat) of the foam when it comes out of the oven. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reinforce and support the plastic bio? Or any ideas where I can get a bio that would fit a rubies mask for about $60? Lol… *Doubts it*
Thanks.

--Tsurabisu

Hey, everyone. I finally got around to actually working on my suit and I ran into a problem. I’m using a rubies deluxe two piece mask and bio as a base, but I’m making a custom bio, going with molded foam mats. The problem I have is that the plastic bio the mask comes with is pretty much paper thin and wouldn’t be able to support the weight (or heat) of the foam when it comes out of the oven. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reinforce and support the plastic bio? Or any ideas where I can get a bio that would fit a rubies mask for about $60? Lol… *Doubts it*
Thanks.

--Tsurabisu

I made mine out of paper mache, here let me see if I got some pics

heres a few pics, one shows the wire mesh I used for the shape. I got it at a craft store, I used celluclay wich is paper mache and coverd the mesh. I probaly spent 10-15$ after paint

bio.JPG

bio_painted_002.JPG

so wait..... you are using the rubies bio as a base for foam matts that you are heating in the oven?
you could always put some rondo in the underside of the rubies, but i dont think id put rondo in my oven.
rondo= fiberglass resin and bondo mixed 50/50.

so wait..... you are using the rubies bio as a base for foam matts that you are heating in the oven?
you could always put some rondo in the underside of the rubies, but i dont think id put rondo in my oven.
rondo= fiberglass resin and bondo mixed 50/50.

Here's what I plan on doing. You put these foam mats in the oven at 300 degrees for about a minute and they'll mold to any shape you bend them to. I'm planning on taking them out and placing them over the bio to get the basic shape so I can start adding on to make my custom

ok so when you put the foam matts on the rubies, the rubies bends and doesnt keep its shape. so yeah, put some rondo in the back side. it will thicken it up and make it nice and stiff. should work well for this.
actually you dont have to do a 50/50 mix either. if you want it more runny do more of the glass, if you want it viscous then do more of the bondo.

GL :D

ok so when you put the foam matts on the rubies, the rubies bends and doesnt keep its shape. so yeah, put some rondo in the back side. it will thicken it up and make it nice and stiff. should work well for this.
actually you dont have to do a 50/50 mix either. if you want it more runny do more of the glass, if you want it viscous then do more of the bondo.

GL :D
Thanks. I'll keep ya posted.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back