Need Help Indentifying Hat and Goggles

Blue Leader

Sr Member
Hello. I'm trying to identify a pair of goggles and a hat worn by a pilot/trooper in The Last Jedi, but I'm always terrible at identifying things and so far my Google searches haven't come up with much of anything... so I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me figure out what these are.

I'm trying to figure out what the hat is and what the goggles are in the pictures below being worn by the pilots-- though it looks like some of the soldiers have them, too. I'm pretty sure that the hat is the same in all of the pictures. Does anyone have a clue what these are?

34439617_10156349707663688_3902994471599472640_n.jpg

34393417_10156349707703688_8718343260768043008_n.jpg

20180220_144939_vi.jpg

I'm not 100% certain, but it looks like a Dutch army fatigue hat, like this one here: http://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/pr...ap&catid=1467&ItemName=Dutch Army Fatigue Cap

The goggles look like standard issue dust goggles which can be found at virtually any milsurp store.
Thank you for the response! You might be right about the hat, it looks pretty similar. Now I just need to look around and find one to fit my big 'ol head. :p

As for the goggles, do you have any idea what kind of dust goggles they may be? I did a Google search for "military dust goggles" and just "dust goggles" and didn't come up with anything that looked quite right. That thick white/gray padding, the angle of the lenses, and how far the nose point goes up, I can't find anything similar. The closest I've found so far are WWII paratrooper goggles, which have a similar lens shape and color, but don't have the thick padding. Hmm...

I've found a much clearer picture of the goggles. Or at least I think that they're the same goggles. The padding looks darker than on the "pilot" but it could just be differences in weathering or lighting.

I haven't found anything similar to this yet. I'm still trying every description combination on Google that I can think of. :p
last_jedi_bts_brian_herring_crait_resistance_trooper.jpg

Well that image is much clearer, and proved me wrong about the Dutch army fatigue hat. It's close, but not the same hat.

I'd still recommend the Dutch cap, as it looks more Swarzy (especially with the ribbed brim) and the color is dead on. The standard US military fatigue hat is instantly noticeable for what it is, and I've never seen one in that brown color. Only solid colors I've seen are OD green, Navy blue and black.

I've got the same pair of goggles, with black padding and strap. They work pretty well with my smuggler kit.

If you're going to change the padding and strap, go ahead and remove the buckle across the top. The screen used ones don't have that greeblie, and it serves no functional purpose. It'll wind up looking a lot closer to what you are going for.

Last edited:
I'd still recommend the Dutch cap, as it looks more Swarzy (especially with the ribbed brim) and the color is dead on. The standard US military fatigue hat is instantly noticeable for what it is, and I've never seen one in that brown color. Only solid colors I've seen are OD green, Navy blue and black.

I've got the same pair of goggles, with black padding and strap. They work pretty well with my smuggler kit.

If you're going to change the padding and strap, go ahead and remove the buckle across the top. The screen used ones don't have that greeblie, and it serves no functional purpose. It'll wind up looking a lot closer to what you are going for.

I agree that the Dutch cap looks closer but I haven't been able to find any in a size large. In fact, the website you linked, Uncle Sam's, is the only website I've found so far that even lists a "Dutch army fatigue cap" at all. Not even Ebay had any. Just in case I have sent Uncle Sam's an Email asking if they might happen to have any larges.

A local military surplus store did have some fatigue/BDU caps like this... https://www.armyuniverse.com/media/...9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/9/6/9313.jpg I might have to go with that until I find something better.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back