Need help identifying cap on Self Sealing Stem Bolt

Jungell

Hello!

Apologies if it's rude of me to post a unique thread first thing. I've been trying to identify the end cap of a self sealing stem bolt, from Star Trek DS9. Renovations on the house calls for some and I'll probably need around 100 gross but I just can't figure it out. I've searched off and on for this part for a long while, looked at pages after pages of valve plungers, piston suits, flat end caps, threads, etc. Assuming the red light on the body of the stem bolt is a flat 5mm LED, I'd size the pipe at 1/2" or possibly 9/16", which would make the diameter of the end piece around 14 - 15mm by my estimations.
Now, I don't have any experience in props so I could be dead wrong here, but I've been working under the assumption that this would most likely be a found part, since I read on an auction site that the body is made out of cardboard so it would strike me as odd to turn a small detail like this. And it looks to me like it's missing an o-ring, so that's what has had me chasing various plungers and the likes.
Shaka, when the walls fell, I just can't seem figure it out on my own. So I'm turning to you guys, has anyone got a clue as to what this piece is?

I'm very grateful for any insight and thankful for the time you've spent reading this.
sssb.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back