NEED HELP!!! Fixing a Vader Facemask UGH!!

vaderic

Dammitt!!!!! A friend of mine dropped my ESB vader CK helmet and the billet stem broke. What to do to fix this. The paint job on this was awesome too!!!! Im so pissed! Hope some genius on here can help. I was selling it to fund another item too. SUCKS!!

When you say the billet stem broke, do you mean the tubes cast into the helmet that lead to the billet, or do you mean the threaded section f the billet itself.

If the thread section broke off, you should be able to grip the threaded piece w/ some needle nose pliers and carefully unscrew it out and get a replacement.

If it's the tube leading to the billet, I'd resculpt with a bit of Aves epoxy, mask off and carefully retouch / repaint. With the alternating colors, you could tape off the tubes and repaint and it would look good as new. Allow to dry several days, buff to a glossy finish and readd the billet.

Yes it it the the tube. The whole top of the billet tube broke off. About 1 and half inches. It is going to have to be rescuplt. I was not sure what kind of work involved and the price it will run me. I was selling helmet for 500.00 to someone when this happened. I just do not want to invest 2 or 3 hundred dollars for repairs on it. Thanks!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back