NEED HELP!!! Fixing a Vader Facemask UGH!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by vaderic, Feb 15, 2012.

1. vaderic

vaderic New Member

Dammitt!!!!! A friend of mine dropped my ESB vader CK helmet and the billet stem broke. What to do to fix this. The paint job on this was awesome too!!!! Im so *! Hope some genius on here can help. I was selling it to fund another item too. SUCKS!!

2. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

Pics might help..... a lot.

3. vaderic

vaderic New Member

I will post pics tommorrow night. I am so sick of this all night. The very top of the billet stem cracked off. UGH again!

4. Slave1

Slave1 Sr Member

When you say the billet stem broke, do you mean the tubes cast into the helmet that lead to the billet, or do you mean the threaded section f the billet itself.

If the thread section broke off, you should be able to grip the threaded piece w/ some needle nose pliers and carefully unscrew it out and get a replacement.

If it's the tube leading to the billet, I'd resculpt with a bit of Aves epoxy, mask off and carefully retouch / repaint. With the alternating colors, you could tape off the tubes and repaint and it would look good as new. Allow to dry several days, buff to a glossy finish and readd the billet.

5. vaderic

vaderic New Member

Yes it it the the tube. The whole top of the billet tube broke off. About 1 and half inches. It is going to have to be rescuplt. I was not sure what kind of work involved and the price it will run me. I was selling helmet for 500.00 to someone when this happened. I just do not want to invest 2 or 3 hundred dollars for repairs on it. Thanks!