Need help designing a spear tip to fit this spear Im making

TweiKarikna

Im using a force action lightsaber as a base, and I need help designing a spear tip that will stay on as it extends.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im using a force action lightsaber as a base, and I need help designing a spear tip that will stay on as it extends.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I realize that this is an older post, and you may already have an answer, but I have been thinking on a similar project. They make plastic garden stakes that have a fanned out tip to punch into the ground that look like bladed spear tips. I was thinking about using epoxy to attach these on the ends of the lightsaber blade, and maybe contouring it in before painting with some Sculpey clay or filler.

I actually cut the end open and put in a wooden dowel to and it gives me about another 5 inchs on the end.
the dowel is a lil less than 1/4" id say.

Do you have a photo of the end of it and of it collapsed? May have an idea, but it depends upon clearance when it's fully collapsed. Could you give a diameter of the end, as well?

I actually cut the end open and put in a wooden dowel to and it gives me about another 5 inchs on the end.
the dowel is a lil less than 1/4" id say.

OK, my initial idea is null and void, LOL...

So why not cut the pattern out of foamies, resin them, and then Gorilla glue them to the dowel rod? The foamies would allow you to cut some cool intricate patterns. Or, if you have a jigsaw (Actually a bandsaw would be easiest) and bought a thin sheet of MDF, you could cut out the spears, sand the edges to create the "blade" edge, and wood glue those to the rod. Of course, those are so damn obvious (Upon reflection) you probably thought of both those options, LOL...

I did that here. Cut a blade pattern out, and hot glued it onto my dowelling. You could use abs or mdf though, I just used art board as it was lying around. Hope it helps.
DSC00451.jpg.gif

where would you get them though?

Check Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Walmart stores in the garden department for the stakes. Maybe even a local Tractor Supply store; they always have some kewl things laying around in their stores.

I must say I do like Darth Pinhead's idea about the foamies. I am really beginning to like the foamies for all kinds of projects!

Which lightsabers are you guys using as I am looking at the Clone Wars Mace Windu versions... Thanks.

i used the mace windu for my spear,
but i went nuts and bought 2 darth vader styled and 2 obi wan kenobi styled ones too.

so im going to have 3 spears.
ahhhh spear mania..............

Check Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Walmart stores in the garden department for the stakes. Maybe even a local Tractor Supply store; they always have some kewl things laying around in their stores.

I must say I do like Darth Pinhead's idea about the foamies. I am really beginning to like the foamies for all kinds of projects!

Which lightsabers are you guys using as I am looking at the Clone Wars Mace Windu versions... Thanks.

LOL. TweiKarikna, if there are no photos, it did not happen! I am searching for the Mace Windu lightsabers now. I wish I knew someone with a milling machine who could mill out a spear form/body/handle. This will be project #36 on my list! Did you get the tip worked out?

LOL. TweiKarikna, if there are no photos, it did not happen! I am searching for the Mace Windu lightsabers now. I wish I knew someone with a milling machine who could mill out a spear form/body/handle. This will be project #36 on my list! Did you get the tip worked out?

http://star-wars.allaboardtoys.com/star-wa...roduct%20search

http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Mace-Windu-Li...0340&sr=8-5

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=mace%20win...32765&gbr=1

Hasbro, I believe, is still selling the other versions: http://www.hasbro.com/shop/browse/?Ntx=mod...tion+Lightsaber

Thanks man! I went over to Target, and they do still have the Hasbro Clone Wars lightsabers for Obi Wan, Darth Vader, and Yoda... I studied hard on the Yoda one, but decided against it. The Mace Windu still looks the best. Thanks again!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back