Need advice: displaying items in a suitcase

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Someone commissioned me to build them a “vampire killing kit” that should be carried in a type of suitcase.
Fair enough.
I have all the pieces for the project and I’m getting ready to put it together. I clearly did not think this through as I focused on getting the items needed and gave no thought on how they would be set in the case. In my minds eye I guess I was thinking something like floral foam covered in silk then ‘pressing’ the pieces in so they would seat. Then I started thinking, would the items be secure while carrying the case closed?
I am open to any suggestions, especially if you’ve already had success with a project like this. Here’s a pic of what I’m working with:

Attachments

• 38B3B7F1-8794-4C50-9300-56130C1F6C64.jpeg
    38B3B7F1-8794-4C50-9300-56130C1F6C64.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
you need to make a holder ( if you will )-for the top as well as the bottom. some sort of liner with a holder that will lock each piece in. an opening that each piece fits into with a quick slide or something of that nature

good luck-you got this (y)

something like this but on both sides of the suitcase top and bottom . some foam from the hobby store and cover with a thin felt.

SZS007_sb020_nvr.jpg

Perhaps not exactly what you are looking for, but I share these in the hopes they help spark an idea or two...

box.jpg
box1.jpg

you take a scan of each item then do a trace in drawing program followed up with getting the foam laser cut. Exact fits all the time.

you take a scan of each item then do a trace in drawing program followed up with getting the foam laser cut. Exact fits all the time.
Sure, no problem. Let me just whip out a trace drawing program and access a laser cutter.

On the flip side, you guys are indeed sparking some ideas. When I land on a solution I’ll post up the finished product.

Sure, no problem. Let me just whip out a trace drawing program and access a laser cutter.

On the flip side, you guys are indeed sparking some ideas. When I land on a solution I’ll post up the finished product.

Actually, you can get a cheap foam cutter that is basically a coat hanger with a low dc voltage electricity going through it that cuts foam like a knife through hot butter. eBay, amazon, etc.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 65

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back