NECA series 2 Just arrived!! But a lil problem...

Ol Painless

The UPS man delivered my series 2 NECA figures last night around 8pm.

I ordered them from Bigbadtoystore.com and got the 3 Pred set in their "collectors quality" option and an extra Tracker Predator for display. BUT...This is the first time I have been disappointed with Bigbadtoystore.com! The extra Tracker Pred was in perfect condition (go figure), but the other Tracker I ordered in "collectors quality" was not!

The Tracker Pred's right tusk was missing and the left one was broken off. There was also messy paint marks on his arms and head. I emailed the website to see what they will do for me and I'll let you all know what they say. But to put a figure in that shape into a bag and say "This figure is collectors quality" is just wrong. I'll post a pix later in the day.

But please don't let my misfortune damper your thoughts of ordering from them, because they're great! Good prices, great packaging and fast shipping. But this little problem need to be fixed.

I also pre-ordered the 19" Classic Predator (open mouth) from them as well and I'm hoping that it will be a perfect specimen.

Ya'll be good and happy hunting.

My first order from them is the 19" open mouth. I usually shop local but for obvious reasons I couldn't wait on the bigger pred. I'll be interested in how this turns out for you. Good luck man.

I just got the Classic Masked...and I'm VERY disappointed...
Joints locked up, dreads not glued down....mask falling off....just total crap...

The first series was GREAT....

The second...eh...they rushed....the paint apps were horrible....luckily, Tusky, the one I was after came in the mail almost perfect....I was *dread*ing the broken tusks...

Especially after all the stories...

^^

This is one of the many reasons I buy in person. I want the quality to be to my standards and not someone else. I look at multiples of the same figure at the store and pick what I feel is best. This may mean long waits until they're in stock and in some cases shortages on figures. It's well worth the effort and insures you get what you want.

Though with the limited run on the 19" I was forced to pre-order online.

I try to buy everything in person - nothing beats quality control....

But here in Waco...there seems to be a lack of demand for *anything* cool...

This includes Predators...

The local Toys R Us told me that they weren't going to order anymore Pred figs after I had hounded them about
getting me some more figures...

I actually almost got in a fight with a group of dudes who came in to TRU specifically for the Pred figures...only to realized I had grabbed the last one...

They didn't want none of this....lol

The local comic shop doesn't carry anything worth a crap...

The only other place is a local Hastings...which is ravaged by kids who like to tear stuff up...

I was forced to order online, I tell you...

...and too bad there isn't a LIKE button on the 19".....

I about locked up when I read the news about it....

I understand your pain. lol I live nearly an hour and a half from a city that even carries figures collectors would be interested in. So I go up about once a month and rummage around. I get lucky most times.

Anyway, sorry if we high jacked the thread for a minute Ol' Painless. Any word on your situation yet?

Update... BBTS emailed me today saying they are sending me a replacement Tracker. They said that QC must have missed the "flaw" with the figure, but they only look at the package for their "collectors" option. So we'll see what the replacement looks like and if its better that the first.

Plus, I'm in the same boat as most of you guys. Toys R' Us WAS the only store around me that sold the series 1 Preds. We have 2 Comic/Hobby stores, but they don't carry crap! Online is my only option. Sux!

Later

My series 2 don't have much issue but my 1st series Falconer is having some problem. I open it and found out it missing the left side dreads!!!. And I thought maybe it fall off and check thru the box and found non. So I quickly called the toy supplier and they agreed to do a 1 to 1 replacement for me.

Tracker's tusks should've been made from a softer pvc material where it would flex a little and the packaging design didn't account for this flaw where if the box would be crushed slightly it would just break right off, like what happened to my order as well.

I have had the same problem whenever I find the Tracker. Yesterday, TRU had two Trackers. Both had broken tusks and one had bad paint marks on the bio an a messed up plasma cannon. The other TRU had a Tracker that looked to be in good condition but the packaging was a hot mess. The package was bent up and the clear plastic part was half open. In addition, the leg looked like something was wrong with it. I was half tempted to try and get a discount on the one in good condition but all of my other figs are unopened. One of these days I will find the right one.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back