NECA Releasing Prop Portal Gun

That actually doesn't look half bad. If the price is right, I'll pick one up. Definitely like their Bioshock stuff.

Awesome. I'm sure it wont hold a candle to the builds on here, but if it's reasonable priced, I'll have to pick one up simply because I won't have to build it.

The best part is the description of the gun after you click the Hobby Search link in the Toyark page :lol

the forbidden planet website is selling this for 89.99 pounds in the uk, with a release date of 14th may 2012. it does look nice in the pics.

Damn good for the price, but I guess I will never understand some of the design changes these people make. I guess it's about cutting down manufacturing costs, and most people won't notice I suppose.

kotaku linked to a japanese site that listed it as 16,000 yen (~$206USD)

I'm loving the front half, but the back seems rather weird. Especially the back end of the clear tubes. I wish they'd release pics of the hand hold and bottom of it.

10175896a.jpg

I think I know what's wrong with that clear back of light tube, it's probably missing the final paint (or just test molding in clear instead of final black plastic?). Digging up the reference pics from trailers it seems to be dead-on to the high-res trailer model.

Damn good for the price, but I guess I will never understand some of the design changes these people make. I guess it's about cutting down manufacturing costs, and most people won't notice I suppose.

I thought the same thing.....I have studied the portal gun so much I can pick out all the changes when looking at different ones

It's not too bad. Definitely not completely accurate but for the price, it's not bad. I'll wait on some reviews first though.

Honestly kind of irritated after just recently purchasing TC's gun kit and Crix's lights. I don't want to see everyone and their mom running around with one :( I can't be sure of the quality though, it does look a little long.

Last edited:
Well as TMBountyHunter pointed out, they used the hi-res model from the commercials as their point of reference. I can assume "hi-res" is the appeal of that model, but it's not the one in the game. Proportions and curves are needlessly changed. I personally would rather a replica be based off of what was in the actual game, not off of promo material.

Still looks nice, I might pick one up, but I think the fans have done better.

For that price it'd me a good Christmas present for my nephew (I usually get him something rare that nobody else gets.)

nice and big pic from kotaku shows a bit of the bottom, shell insides (two halves screw together? will there be evil scre holes? D: ) and handle

yep, just like the trailer model

I never really paid attention to the back end of the light tube on this version but it's now perfectly clear how much it contradicts the original world model.

Fat handle of the new instead of skinny old

I might end up getting it if I suddenly run out of things to do and money to spend.

I hope someone does a thorough review full of nice high-res pics when it's out.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back