Neca 1/4 Elder Custom

Ali oz

Hi.
I have been eagerly awaiting NECA to do a 1/4 Elder Predator but it seems unlikely, in the near future anyway so I decided to make my own.
Its only my 2nd custom project but im happy with the out come so far. I have a little bit of paint work still to do and I want a flinllock pistol for it still. I did all the sculpting and paint myself. I know its not movie accurate but I kinda just wanted something that looked good enough. Its open mouthed to be a bit different in case NECA do release oone which will be closed mouth. Im prob gonna do a second one now with closed mouth now anyway as I think the final finish will be a better likeness. Anyway thanks for looking and let me know what you think!

hunterslair 037.JPG

hunterslair 050.JPG

hunterslair 060.JPG

hunterslair 070.JPG

hunterslair 093.JPG

hunterslair 097.JPG

hunterslair 095.JPG

hunterslair 089.JPG

Yeah man, that looks pretty damn good for only be your second. May I suggest getting some black sculpey and making small quills and attaching them to the dome and brow areas?

Cheers guys. I'm happy with how the sculp and paint came out. I've managed to source a pistol now, from an 18" Jack Sparrow figure. Once that's all painted up I'll post some more pics.
As for quills I had thought about that but I am a little reluctant as they will be very fragile. I was thinking some sort of nylon, like a clothes tag might be good?!
I'll update when it's all done. :)
Thanks again for checking it out!

Good suggestions!
I've sculpted a closed mouth version this week and I'm gonna spend the weekend painting it. I've also got 2 18" jack sparrows on their way in time so I'll have 2 flint lock pistols for the figures. Once I've got the 2nd figure to the same stage as this one I'll post some pictures and then I can look at putting the finishing touches to both i.e quills etc.
From doing the 1st I've learnt a few things that will hopfully make my 2nd effort a lot better?! So check back with me in a few days and hopfully I'll have a new improved version!
Thanks again for your input guys!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back