NCR Ranger sculpted Gas Mask and Helmet

This is a very cool build, the entire outfit-- love the chest and neck protection as well as the helmet/mask. Where did you get the coat?

Thank you, I got the coat like 11 years ago at a thrift store, my daughter has been wearing it at cons as a waste land trader, and i got to lookin at it again and was like... uh yea.....gonna reclaim this for the ranger sweetie... She was stoked! She is the one who got on me to sculpt this thing.

Looks great. Do you have a fan in it to help circulate the air?

I think I could do a fan in the filter on the side of the mask, this first one was the prototype.

IMG_1720-1-1.jpg

Definitely looks like your daughter knows what she's talking about and has great taste too. Keep up the great work (both of you)...

thank you kind sir, we will def keep it up! I am gearing up to prep for a con, gonna make a small army of these guys to trade or let go of....

IMG_1736-1-1.jpg

IMG_1738-1-1.jpg

I am about to start preping for a run for steel city in december.... if there is any intrust from anyone, I will post run progress and assembly instructions to follow, I will be posting in the junk yard offering kits in december.....

That's one bad a$$ piece of work. Definitely want to see more.

I will post some build up pics raw paint no layers....... I would like to paint afew desert camo scheme and also some concept variants, cowboy hat, flak jckt, etc.......

here is a cool mod I found online,... I love this stuff because it is not beyond the relm of functionality and is fun to make.
FOOK_Ranger_Patrol_Armor_MkII.jpg

nice combo of items....

ranger2.jpg

a couple of more concepts that are cool....

OK so here is a raw pull of the ranger helmet and gas mask

and this is one is just based out solid, no layers...

1320698364.jpg

and then I found this while doing research....

deathranger.jpg

and then I got to thinking..... hmmmm.... I made this not too far back and could go great with this guy.....

1320377021-1-1.jpg

so yea..... lots to do....

Wow I would love to see the entire process. Teach me, oh Master.

I would love to log the whole process and put it up for you guys, I am gearing up for a run and I have to have an assembly guide for future Rangers in my kits. so this is my first thread here, should it be a different thread all together or continue this one??? I welcome all input on this...

This looks fantastic! Really really impressive for such a short time-scale build especially.
I know you've said fogging is a problem (which I'm praying a fan will solve in mine, heh), but is having other people hear you a problem?

This looks fantastic! Really really impressive for such a short time-scale build especially.
I know you've said fogging is a problem (which I'm praying a fan will solve in mine, heh), but is having other people hear you a problem?

ya thats funny, when I was out they said i sounded like kenny from south park, I figure i will use a microphone amp set like the storm troopers do to fix that issue...

Here are some views of the raw kit, I will assemble one step bye step.....
1320792171.jpg

parts include, raw helmet, raw mask, mouth filter, side filter,oxygen intake vaulve, chin greebles (2) antenna, range finder (clear acrylic) helmet camera (clear acrylic) lock nuts, washers...

1320792175.jpg

Left side view.....

1320792173.jpg

Right side view....

1320792177.jpg

Top view......

I will post more as the adventure continues.......Stay Tuned!!!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back