Nay man from UNCLE props

Re: Napoleon Solo Business Card

Oh. Dear. Lord. That reworked Replica model looks great! And that tiny camera! I might still have one around someplace--I got it out of a gumball machine 30 years ago.

This may be a stupid question, but how would someone cast grips from aluminum...?

Re: Napoleon Solo Business Card

Oh. Dear. Lord. That reworked Replica model looks great! And that tiny camera! I might still have one around someplace--I got it out of a gumball machine 30 years ago.

This may be a stupid question, but how would someone cast grips from aluminum...?

Hi Harbinger,
The camera is (was) a real sub-miniature camera. The grips were sand cast by a foundry in aluminum.
Ed
TheSpyBoys.com

I'm fabricating the original U.N.C.L.E. Communicator - Cigarette Case.
Currently looking for better pics of the inner-workings. But in the end, I'll be a dead give-away because, ...I don't smoke!

First off, I love the internet. I don't know how we survived before it's inception. Thanks to ed-209 for posting great photos of his collection. Especially the coat hook from Del Floria's. I had looked on the internet months ago for one of these but the photo from the CIA site from Danny Beidermans collection was not too clear. After viewing ed-209's photo I did a Google image search and within 2 minutes I found two of them for sale which I immediately purchased. They arrived in the mail today.
uncle1.jpg

Heres some of my other items.
uncle6.jpg

Business cards are from Spy-Boys. The ID badge I made but it's the wrong size. I had a 3/8" label maker and the one on the show is 1/2". I have since bought a 1/2' label maker (thanks ebay) so can now do the correct size.
The cigarette communicator castings I got years ago from another fan. I think the dimensions are off since it leaves no room for the fake cigarettes on the top. The cases are vintage.
uncle2.jpg

The lapel badges I made. Cut acrylic with silver/black decals made on my ALPS printer
uncle3.jpg

Pen communcator was made by David Heilman and Bruce Wegman several years ago
uncle4.jpg

Both communicators
uncle5.jpg

My Nakata P-38 I purchased back around 1968 for under $20.00.
The flash hider is one of Brad Fergusons, the scope mount is machined aluminum which I got from David Heilman. The grip is CNC aluminum which I got from ebay. One side extended further then the other so I had to file it down to the correct size. It was also made to fit a real p-38 so I had some additional filing to do to make it fit the Nakata. The scope is a vintage Bushnell Phantom as used in the series.
uncle7.jpg

The magazine is one of Brad Ferguson's which fits a real P-38 and is California compliant (10rds) It doesn't fit the Nakata so I'll have to buy a real P-38 one day. The top most scope is also a Bushnell Phantom but more powerful. I bought this one on ebay and it came with rear lens cover. I'll use this one for a 'sniper' carbine. I have on order a complete set of parts from Brad and once they arrive I'll add photos of them.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this nice UNCLE stuff. As a kid, we were always taking appart our school writing pens and asking 'to open Channel D'. I made a unique hall costume of a THRUSH guard with Red Beret, jump suit, and sniper rilfe. Too many convention fans were scared of the mock rilfe and whined to me so, LOL.

This will be slightly off topic but back in the 70s the Takara toy company in japan put out a couple Uncle items as part of their Microman line and it later became Transformers (Diaclone in Japan) and one of them as the Walther pistol that is Megatron. Here's a wiki with pics and the first paragraph under G1 (generation 1) shows it and explains it all.

I just got my Man From UNCLE special from someone on eBay. He used a Marushin Gas Airsoft for the pistol and made the attachements himself. He also included an ID card and Badges . He also will add any letter to the grip that you want but it just happens that my last name starts with an S so it wasn;t that big of a deal. Unfortunately the scope isn't real but for the price of $300.00 plus postage I can live with it. It beats trying to find an old MGC UNCLE gun and paying the asking prices for one nowdays. I just hate the fact I sold mine years ago just when they stopped selling them.

12-30-2011_018.jpg

12-30-2011_019.jpg

On the tv show, the letters in the grips were the stick-on letters made for mailboxes. That way they could easily alter the pistol's look for anyone that would need it. They also did the same thing to the resin stunt Specials. I don't know about the foam rubber pistols though.

David.

Here are a few of my UNCLE specials that I machined. All three generations are represented here. The P38, the P7 and the Mauser. And of course, the Thrush rifle.

Well, you certainly win! What a collection!!
This is my U.N.C.L.E. replica made by Brad at theunclegun.com . He's making actual working versions having gone through field trials and refinements. Mine breaks down into components but is just for show.

UNCLEGun002-1_zpsb917b788.jpg

Here is my version of the gun - I had NO money, so poverty was the mother of invention - the stock and silencer are made of plastic bathroom tubing, the telescopic sight is half of a kids' toy binoculars. The magazine and birdcage I made out of sheet plastic, then all sprayed black. Accurate? No! Fun to make? Yes!

Last edited:
Thanks - the case also contains Secret Paperwork and a replica pen communicator.

Oh, yes - when I built the gun I didn't have access to colour photos of it - so I've just today painted the wood grips black and the damn thing looks MUCH more dangerous!

UNCLE Gun black 2 by vzd963

Last edited:
Everybody makes UNCLE ID card but I remember that you could get THRUSH cards for a while and then they stopped issuing them. Well, I did some research and started to make these.

Thrush Card_zpsxcgztvtr.JPG

They are not quite perfect yet but they are close
Starburst.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back