NASA inspired box build

SecretAgentMan

Hey all, I wanted to share a project that I did not too long ago. I was given a rusty old box from my uncle that sat in my garage for a few weeks. I was partly inspired by the NASA build that Adam Savage did on tested http://www.tested.com/art/makers/453823-one-day-builds-adam-savage-demonstrates-weathering-tricks/

I still have aspirations of adding more stickers and hopefully some kind of aluminum data plate.

Right now this piece serves as a place for extra shoes and as a conversation piece.

And finally the "semi" finished product.

looks great nice job. the only thing i would change is replace the USA flag patch with a flag sticker as the patch looks out of place to me.

Agreed, its just a place holder for right now

- - - Updated - - -

looks great nice job. the only thing i would change is replace the USA flag patch with a flag sticker as the patch looks out of place to me.

Agreed, its just a place holder for right now

- - - Updated - - -

Did you paint the top black and then paint it white?

The bottom was painted with the black Rubberized truck bed coating from Harbor Freight. This process took the longest due to the curing time of the product.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you paint the top black and then paint it white?

The bottom was painted with the black Rubberized truck bed coating from Harbor Freight. This process took the longest due to the curing time of the product.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back