Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

We bought a shed - it came with a bonus house! Score!!

Oh god, Paul's shed. I've seen it. It's epic. If my shed and Murray's shed got together and had a baby, Paul's shed is what that baby would want to be when it grew up. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

The upper story is a home theatre...an awesome one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think....I think I hate him! :p

Paul and I are revising the nose - we spotted somewhere where we went a bit wrong. I'll have a revision sorted out over the weekend and will post pics.

We're also making a raft of other, smaller tweaks and the final models should have slightly nicer lines and detail fit as a result. I'll be remoulding some small pieces also. It's all subtle stuff, but worth doing.

Thanks to Simon finding an unknown Letraset decal sheet online, I'm 99% confident that one of the main missing decals for the Narc has been found. My sheet arrived today and when compared to the only good shot of the miniature to show the decal, it's day-um close!

Have a look-see
Letraset Scan with original.png

I'm glad I haven't cut anything yet!!
Looking forward to the revised plans :)

That's good Jason!
Martyn and I have been working hard behind the scenes (going through every reference we have) to perfect the acrylic/styrene layouts and cast parts, and have made a number of corrections/modifications/improvements to the prototype.
All the cutting files, styrene layouts and instructions will be updated and finalised once all the kit parts have been test fitted.
I'll send you updated copies when it is done (althought the majority will remain as is).

My sheet arrived today and when compared to the only good shot of the miniature to show the decal, it's day-um close!

Nice Lee. Looks very close :thumbsup

I'll send you updated copies when it is done (althought the majority will remain as is).

That's true - Jason, you wouldn't have freaked or anything. I'm redoing my nose and four parts for the top of the hull and it really isn't a big deal, but it improves the looks a fair bit. We could probably still argue over small proportional issues here and there but they're now really millimetre-level differences, the sort of level where three people would have three different opinions.

I tell you what though, the blue-screen pics scare the crap out of me every time I look at them. :lol The model looks SO TALL in those shots.

Fortunately...so do people's actual heads. :lol They've pretty much gotta be distorted video frame-grabs or whatnot.

Hi Guys,

I think I've identified another one of the bits I was missing from the underside bay - the part between the Ertl truck pipes that sits on top of the M16 frame.... and I'm kicking myself because it's been staring me in the face for ages!
It's found in both the Ertl Transtar II Eagle and the Paystar 5000 kits.

Now I've just got to find the small rectangular part that goes on top of it....

Keith

Well look at that! Great find! The little box that sits on top of it could be from a number of things.

Great stuff, Keith! Simon, we got this, right? New kits show yet btw? Eager to slap rubber on the well...

I have the International Eagle II, Italeri M7 and Cattle Wagon parts on the way. They are coming from different places, so once here I'll check and forward to you for casting.

Thanks man. Simon reckons we have everything needed for the well bar two or three kits he has on the way - was hoping to pick up what we have for the well for casting today but didn't hear back. He's selling his house and moving to live among the outer barbarians, so things are busy.

Woohoo! I also hope to have an update worth posting by the end of the weekend. Things have been happening, I just don't have that much to show yet/want to bundle everything we've been nutting out.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back