My weapon wall

hez1

Decided it was about time to start putting stuff together, so I came up with an idea of how I wanted everything displayed. Because my wife isn't really into pred stuff, the actual props have to stay in one area, which is also my workspace. I'll be putting a Gort to the left of the Ram, and when I get round to it, an Ancient to the right. Haven't yet decided it that will have to do for bios, space constraints might mean that's it. Below that will be weapons...I'm going to try and put a weapon used by that pred directly underneath the bio. Disc under the P2, claymore under the Wolf...not sure about the others yet. The P2 spear will go in there when I get the money to actually do anything with it.

First pic, there will be more to come as this progresses (not promising it will progress quickly...)

IMG_1880.jpg.gif

Progress as of 30/9/09...

Decided to try and theme it by movie, so the main pred from each of the movies is on the top, and then the bottom are just bios I like. Still haven't gotten around to adding any actual weapons, but I will, I promise!

IMG_2202.jpg.gif

IMG_2203.jpg.gif

Progress as of today. Got all my stands upgraded, but two bios that still need stands! I included a couple of pics of the stuff on the shelves too. Spear needs some tips, which I suppose Ill do just as soon as I can be bothered.

IMG_2832.jpg.gif

IMG_2833.jpg.gif

IMG_2837.jpg.gif

IMG_2838.jpg.gif

IMG_1880.jpg.gif

IMG_2202.jpg.gif

IMG_2203.jpg.gif

IMG_2832.jpg.gif

IMG_2833.jpg.gif

IMG_2837.jpg.gif

IMG_2838.jpg.gif

I'm sure it's going to look great Paul Those bio stands make the bios stand out more and also gives them a touch of class
I still want to get me some of those stands(but i got to save since I need about 3 of them LOL)

keep us updated it bud and pleaseeee don't take to long in between pics!
the wait its goign to kill me :)

Looks exciting Paul... Now on the mystery of the ages: How do you attach your stands to the back of the Bios? Hot Glue?

Syko gets a Gold Star.*

I superglue one magnet to the stand, and another to the inside of the bio. Superglue (loctite is what I use) is the only thing I've found that actually holds the bio. Both my P1 and P2 have taken a tumble when the JB Weld I was using gave up its grip on the magnets. Hearing them fall is not a good sound. Thankfully neither suffered any damage!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. :)

*Gold star is not redeemable for product. Actual cash/trade value of Gold Star $00.0000000000000000. Gold Star is non-returnable and non-negotiable.

How big are the earth magnets that you're using?
They're 1" diameter discs, about 1/16" thick. I actually place another 2 of the magnets between the ones that are glued in place, so its a total of 4 magnets per bio. Each magnet is rated at 5.5lb pull strength, so I've been thinking about finding some different magnets that will mean I only need to use 2.

The bios are as follows: P1 & P2 - Mine. Celtic - Steve Hird, soon to be replaced with the Sideshow. Wolf - Biohunter. Ram - Ruffkin.

Sadly Lee, the wall (along with the rest of the house) belongs to my in-laws, who I suspect would be unimpressed with any major alterations. So for now I'm going to have to pretend that all Predators have damasc pattern wallpaper to display their arsenals.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back