My version of the 5th element belt buckle

replicaprops

Official Licensee
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Saw the other threads going on this prop and just had to make one for my self.
I machined this from solid brass. I will probably machine it from the back to bring it down to a thickness that looks closer to the real buckle. Right now it weighs about a lb.

Polished up it looks really good, but the whole Idea is to make it look old, so ill probably let it oxidize.

167632_493569427341_689067341_5875416_7662048_n.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice looking, did you start with a CAD file that was then tossed into a CNC setup? Or was all of the carving done by hand?

I did it in CNC. Only took about an hour to machine. But I was only running at 60% speed because I was not sure how smooth the cut would be.

I used Rhino to place the screen shot of the buckle in the back ground then traced the lines on top. I based the size on the brass I just happened to have in the shop so I set it at 2" x 2.75 inches. So it is scaled a bit to fit my belt.

Nicely done.. That's how it should be, been trying to get someone to do it like this.. Any chance of a run??
I figured some one would want one.
I just ordered some belt buckle backings, so figure I should be able to get some out to people by the end of next week.

I will make a FS thread, but for the time being I put it on my website.
5th element priest belt buckle [5thelementbeltbuckle] - $79.99 : Replica Props, Officially Licensed Smallville Prop Replicas

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back