My Vader

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by nightrider, Jun 16, 2006.

1. nightrider

nightrider Sr Member

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my Vader so far, all that's left are the inner and outer robes.

Got a question guys, what do some of you think of the GT armor for costuming? Everything I've gotten has been extremely well done, the only pieces I've had a problem with were the belt boxes as they were to big and had to be trimmed down, but they will soon be replaced with some russrep boxes. The reason I ask is because I was at a friends house who paints armor and he tried on a set of Gino armor he had painted for a customer and it looked way to big(he's about 6"3 or so with a decent build) but the GT armor fit perfectly and looked proportional to his size. I know the Gino armor and some others are more movie accurate, but unless you're extremely huge I can't see the movie accurate stuff looking right for costuming on most people but I guess if you're doing a display where size isn't an issue that would be the way to go for accuracy. Any way, let me know what you think of the progress so far, tips and suggestions are welcome.

Chris
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jedi-72

Jedi-72 Sr Member

The armour looks great. However, I'd get him to the gym and have him hit the weights sometime soon. ;)

3. RacerX45

RacerX45 Well-Known Member

"The ability to lift weights is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Nice collection you got there. I'd just stuff some upholstery foam in there and he'll look perfect.

Randy

4. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks pretty good... Needs to eat his Wheaties. Also, I don't think 3 pictures constitutes "Pic Intensive". ;)

5. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Looks good :thumbsup , who made the body suit?

6. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Looking good...

Love the armor.... :D

7. nightrider

nightrider Sr Member

Thanks for the replies, he really doesn't look quite so thin in person but I think maybe he'll look a bit fuller with the inner and outer robes on, if not I'll stuff him a bit. I said pic intensive just because the pics were kinda big in size, guess I should have just said large pics instead. :p

The suit is by CustardKitty.

Chris

8. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

great start....once you get the capes on the armor will look very good I think....don't know if you can sit the armor higher up toward the neck? Looks like you have the longer neck of the ROTS helmet so that might not be possible but that helps to balance the look of the armor a bit...

9. darthjones

darthjones Well-Known Member

I LOVE that all black look on the helmet.

10. yakcam

yakcam Sr Member

Well, SL, DJ and quite a few other notaries have given their approval, what a compliment..., you can't get any better than that :)

I'll add my humble approval to that as well......

Looking fantastic Mate, I can see that you have a VERY fine Vader indeed :thumbsup

Cheers,

Kraig

11. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Very nice looking piece you got there. :thumbsup

12. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Chris,

Dont forget to add the cape hook back to the armor unless you plan on filling the hole and repainting.

13. Rabittooth

Rabittooth Well-Known Member

Got any pics of that cool Graflexesque saber over Vader's right shoulder? That looks pretty sweet. B)

-Rabittooth

14. nightrider

nightrider Sr Member

Glad my Vader is meeting with some approval, makes me feel much better about my mostly GT setup, and I'll be sure to get the cape hook in there before I get some robes on him. I was in such a hurry to get it together and see what he was going to look like I completely forgot. :p

Here's a pic of the Graflex style saber for ya Rabittooth, it was a one of a kind lightech saber. I don't like most of his sabers, but when I saw that one at Dragon Con a few years ago I had to have it, especially since he said he wasn't going to make another like it.

Chris

[​IMG]

15. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Unless you're close to DP size, the accurately sized armor will just look odd....too big. I think the GT is perfect for smaller guys....

16. nightrider

nightrider Sr Member

Here's a pic of my Rubies that I'll be useing to troop in, I'll be adding a GH dome and some correct lenses. I think when it's finished it'll be a great looking lid for trooping.

[​IMG]

17. DarkLordSalvo

DarkLordSalvo Well-Known Member

"I spy with my little eye..."

The Floyd "Shine On" box set. Excellent choice of music my freind. :thumbsup

Vader looks great like said before.

18. nightrider

nightrider Sr Member

Gilmore has "the tone", what more can I say. :D Thanks again for the kind words.

Chris

19. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

What a cool room....I like the large posting board...with the holes....gives it a great industrial look...very practical for hanging things on as well. :thumbsup

20. Batmobile Broker

Batmobile Broker New Member

Who made the armor....looking good :D

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ Jun 17 2006, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1263209[/snapback]</div>

21. Anakin Starkiller

Anakin Starkiller Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great setup. Vader looks sweet, and that custom saber is totaly kick *. I usually don't go in for customs, but that graflex hybrid is sweet.

Dan

22. nightrider

nightrider Sr Member

Thanks Starkiller, I agree, that's the only non-movie sabre I've ever been tempted to buy.

As far as the armor it's just a GT set I had painted by a custom auto and cycle painter that lives close by. The gunmetal on it was used for Shaquille O Neil's dash in a blazer of his, I'm not into sports but I thought that was kinda cool that Shaq actually paid for my paint. :p

I got the idea for the pegboard from the new Galactica series, I noticed they use it for walls in a lot of the sets, thanks for the complament SithLord.

Chris