My Vader

nightrider

Sr Member
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my Vader so far, all that's left are the inner and outer robes.

Got a question guys, what do some of you think of the GT armor for costuming? Everything I've gotten has been extremely well done, the only pieces I've had a problem with were the belt boxes as they were to big and had to be trimmed down, but they will soon be replaced with some russrep boxes. The reason I ask is because I was at a friends house who paints armor and he tried on a set of Gino armor he had painted for a customer and it looked way to big(he's about 6"3 or so with a decent build) but the GT armor fit perfectly and looked proportional to his size. I know the Gino armor and some others are more movie accurate, but unless you're extremely huge I can't see the movie accurate stuff looking right for costuming on most people but I guess if you're doing a display where size isn't an issue that would be the way to go for accuracy. Any way, let me know what you think of the progress so far, tips and suggestions are welcome.

Chris
img00418xc.jpg

img00353jo.jpg

img00347fv.jpg

"The ability to lift weights is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Nice collection you got there. I'd just stuff some upholstery foam in there and he'll look perfect.

Randy

Thanks for the replies, he really doesn't look quite so thin in person but I think maybe he'll look a bit fuller with the inner and outer robes on, if not I'll stuff him a bit. I said pic intensive just because the pics were kinda big in size, guess I should have just said large pics instead. :p

The suit is by CustardKitty.

Chris

great start....once you get the capes on the armor will look very good I think....don't know if you can sit the armor higher up toward the neck? Looks like you have the longer neck of the ROTS helmet so that might not be possible but that helps to balance the look of the armor a bit...

Well, SL, DJ and quite a few other notaries have given their approval, what a compliment..., you can't get any better than that :)

I'll add my humble approval to that as well......

Looking fantastic Mate, I can see that you have a VERY fine Vader indeed :thumbsup

Cheers,

Kraig

Glad my Vader is meeting with some approval, makes me feel much better about my mostly GT setup, and I'll be sure to get the cape hook in there before I get some robes on him. I was in such a hurry to get it together and see what he was going to look like I completely forgot. :p

Here's a pic of the Graflex style saber for ya Rabittooth, it was a one of a kind lightech saber. I don't like most of his sabers, but when I saw that one at Dragon Con a few years ago I had to have it, especially since he said he wasn't going to make another like it.

Chris

img00428kl.jpg

Unless you're close to DP size, the accurately sized armor will just look odd....too big. I think the GT is perfect for smaller guys....

Here's a pic of my Rubies that I'll be useing to troop in, I'll be adding a GH dome and some correct lenses. I think when it's finished it'll be a great looking lid for trooping.

img00368cf.jpg

What a cool room....I like the large posting board...with the holes....gives it a great industrial look...very practical for hanging things on as well. :thumbsup

Who made the armor....looking good :D

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ Jun 17 2006, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1263209[/snapback]</div>
What a cool room....I like the large posting board...with the holes....gives it a great industrial look...very practical for hanging things on as well. :thumbsup
[/b]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back