My Two Newest Additions!! - UPDATE, Feb. 26th!

The Death Curse

Well, let me start off by saying that I'm going to end up blowing this hugely out of proportion because T2 is probably my favorite movie ever made. The T-1000 has always been one of my favorite movie villains. Patrick's character - and everything Stan Winston Studios created for it - really stuck with and captivated me...Back when I was six years old and the film first hit theaters, I even wanted my hair styled like his. Imagine THOSE family pictures... :lol Luckily, that never came to be. I've always wanted to own a piece of the T-1000 costume as well, but it wasn't until about a year ago that I found out it was entirely possible for me to do that. A friend pointed me to Hollywood Hardware, and after a while I finally decided to email the site owner (Thomas) and see what he had to offer in the way of our liquid-metal friend.

Turns out, among other things, he had a few bullet hits to choose from. Since those are my utter weakness, I opted to see what he had to offer. He sent extremely high-res, incredible quality close-up images upon request. He was efficient with his packing methods and gave me plenty of shipping options to choose from, which I totally loved, because I'm entirely too paranoid with shipping and packaging - especially overseas.

Furthermore, the entire deal was one of the smoothest and fastest internet transactions (on his end moreso than mine, hehehe) that I've had thus far, especially after so many awful/slow ones...You know, the kind where you're always on the edge of your seat because you're not entirely trusting of whomever it is you're dealing with...Nah. I felt pretty confident with this deal. Thomas responded to every email promptly and never left me hanging. He also showed quite a bit of patience and understanding toward this new Paypal user. :p I'm sure there are quite a lot of you who totally understand how it feels to be a "Paypal newbie"...On top of all that, he even unexpectedly knocked off the shipping charges because he's a nice guy like that.

So I get the package today, after 9 days of driving myself nuts with anticipation. The hit looks exactly as pictured. I marvel at it for a few minutes, and then check the box to make sure there isn't anything else in it...To my total surprise, I find that he's even included ANOTHER small bullet hole with the order, along with a COA for both. I melted where I stood. haha!

In conclusion, Thomas is an AWESOME person to do business with, and I would not hesitate to buy from him again. In fact, with service like that, I definitely will. :)

Now, without further adeu, ON TO THE PICTURES!!

MyT-1000BulletHit.jpg

MyT-1000BulletHit-1.jpg

The chrome on this thing is still magnificent...It has a couple minor scrapes on the outer edge, but the rest of the hit looks shiny and uniform. There are a couple of areas that have eternal creases from being folded in on itself, but that's okay. Production wear at its finest, I say! :D
MyT-1000BulletHit-2.jpg

*POW!*..I've been shot! heh.
MyT-1000ExtraHit.jpg

This is the extra that Thomas included. It only has a very small amount of chrome on it, and the color has darkened considerably over time...That said, it's still quite elastic and I think it's totally rockin'!
MyT-1000Stuff.jpg

Here's a shot of both beside a quarter for size comparison.

Ryan

Last edited:
Originally posted by hollywoodhardware@Feb 22 2006, 05:46 PM
"One is glad to be of service" :)

I'm really happy you like them.

But really, no need for praising. I only treat people like I want to be treated :)

Thomas
[snapback]1190863[/snapback]​
Psh. Rarely do my transactions via the 'net go this well. I'll at least give credit where credit is due. Not to mention the amount of "bad seller" threads I see around here lately...I thought I'd add another "good experience" thread to help even it out a bit.

Ryan

Nice item and good choice from Terminator 2. I don't know if you are into costume cards but there were trading cards made with costume materials from the T-1000 made. You can find them on ebay and they might display well with it.
Or you might be planning to print your own photos out or get official photographs.

But a nice prop, is it your first screen used item?

Thanks, guys. :)

Originally posted by firstmark@Feb 22 2006, 06:53 PM
Nice item and good choice from Terminator 2.  I don't know if you are into costume cards but there were trading cards made with costume materials from the T-1000 made. You can find them on ebay and they might display well with it.
Or you might be planning to print your own photos out or get official photographs.

But a nice prop, is it your first screen used item?
[snapback]1190919[/snapback]​
Cards, eh? I was unaware. I'll have to look into that.

I'm really not sure if either of these were screen used or not, actually...I made a point to try and find out before I received the hits. I searched through the film a few times and found only two scenes in the entire movie where a bullet hit like mine was even seen on-screen. (I'm going to check again soon to make sure.) The only downside is that I can't get a very good screenshot of the details on either of these scenes. Since no full suits from those scenes with this same type of hit have shown up yet that I know of, and I've not seen another from the same mold as mine, I think this thing could really stand a chance of being screen-used somewhere in the Pescadero escape sequences. Not to mention that it does indeed look a bit used. IE: glue on the bottom, fabric attached, slight chrome rub-off on one of the edges, etc.

It would be frickin' RAD if this somehow turns out to be my first screen-used item. It wouldn't be my first "movie-molded" one, though, as I also have a hockey mask blank from the original Friday the 13th part 3-D movie mold.

Ryan

Well, I just had another "freeze-frame session" of T2, and this time I focused on finding my hit on screen. Of course, I doubt it's even possible...but I felt lucky and had the extra time. hehe.

After examining for a third time today, I have come to an ultimate conclusion that there were only 2 bullet hits like mine at the most that were actually shown on screen...They both appear during the Pescadero escape. The first one pops up after the "passing through the bars" scene...The second shot fired, in the lower rib region of Patrick. The second one appears in the "underground parking lot" sequence, and is the first shot fired by Arnie's shotgun.

Just for fun, I tried to examine those scenes to see if I could possibly find any link between that hit and mine...The shots were just too far away in the first scene to see any creases or chrome loss, so I gave up on it and focused on the parking lot scene. There are a couple clear shots of the bullet hits on Patrick in that scene, and I went back and forth between freeze-frames examining the hit, hoping that I might luck out and see a few defining aspects that line up perfectly. I don't believe it's a match to anything, unfortunately.

Ryan

Last edited:
Originally posted by hollywoodhardware@Feb 24 2006, 12:32 PM
I never tried to match any of my bullet hits on screen. Frankyl, I don't have the time for this ;)

Here's the T1000 shirt owned by Desi of screen-used.com :

http://www.screenused.com/items/item_detail.cfm?item_id=37

I know of another one (helicopter scene) at Bob Burns and at least one in a Planet Hollywood Restaurant.

Thomas
[snapback]1192422[/snapback]​
I don't blame you for not trying. hehe. I normally wouldn't, but I had the free time and figured it would be fun to at least attempt. I wouldn't be at any loss if it turns out to be a fruitless venture, either. A nice prop is a nice prop.

I already looked over the Screen-Used.com costume (which is amazing...), and his doesn't have a bullet hit like mine as far as I can tell.

I also recall seeing some good pics of the Bob Burns mannequin on your site. I don't think that one has any shotgun-sized holes. Isn't there a pic of the Planet Hollywood suit on your site as well? If it's the same one I'm thinking of, then it doesn't have any hits like mine, either.

As a side note, I've not seen another bullet hit of this type in any other collections yet. If anyone on here has a similar one (from the same mold), then feel free to post about it.

Ryan

Originally posted by kurtyboy@Feb 24 2006, 02:36 PM
"The thing about Ryan is he kinda looks like a cat."
MyT-1000Stare.jpg

[snapback]1192542[/snapback]​
haha. :p

Maybe my second thoughts about posting that picture were justified. :lol

Ryan

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back