My Seaquest Prop Collection [Long]

adamzx

Hey guys, I have been slowly collecting a few props from my favourite Television show, "Seaquest DSV". It was the first show I fell in love when I was a little kid and I loved the whole science fiction style of the show and now that Im alot older I relies I could actually acquire props and items from the show to display at home some I would have a little piece Seaquest history. So here is what I've collected so far.

My first prop was this working electric gadget called a "CGO Remote Control Scanner" which I purchased from Intergalactic Trading Company. It has working LED lights, as well as moving toggle switches and dials. From what I can tell about this particluar prop is it must have been a backup prop to the actual screen used prop seen in the season 3 episode "Second Chance". I say this becuase the screen used version looks a little different to my scanner but it still looks cool to me.

original-yp_4e572faded56d3.79624989-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

Prop Closeup

norm-yp_4e572fae181eb9.73870763-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

Auction Tag Information

norm-yp_4e572fae099548.42982592-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

In this screenshot from the episode I listed before, you can see the screenused prop differences to my prop and if anyone knows what my prop could have been used for, please let me know.

norm-yp_4e572fae2fda94.90604129-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

Then a few months later I noticed a few members mention a online store call "ThePropStore" and so i decided to have a look and see what they had. After much pondering I decided buy my next Seaquest prop:). Its called a Data Feedback Modulator and this metal prop is the biggest piece in my collection. Its quiet heavy definitely custom fabricated for the show. It has a few moving parts and a label detailing information and serial numbers to give it an authentic look. The auction tag listed this prop being used in the 3rd season episode "Reunion".

norm-yp_4e59c45e1ef6c3.77916726-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

Auction Tag

norm-yp_4e59c45e31a633.41383376-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

I managed to spot the module for a few seconds in the episode, here is screenshot. You can just see it being held by an extra in the background.

norm-yp_4e59c45e49a2a5.35712459-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

The next item I found on Ebay, its an original Seaquest crew ballcap. its a little faded and needs a wash but that didn't stop me from putting it on the day I got it and boy did I feel like I was in the show lol.

norm-4e1296c491602-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

norm-4e1297bf3775b-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

A few months later I found another store which I had read about on this forum called "screenused" and one day while randomly looking at props, I noticed this peice which I also brought. It is a resignation letter which is an unsigned backup to the actual screen used version which had Nathan Bridgers (Roy Scheider) signature on it. The letter also came with a matching envelop.

norm-yp4e572e9bc7fd83.72866387-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

norm-yp4e572e9bdb8bc7.27580478-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

norm-yp4e572e9bedc603.49311857-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

And lastly my latest purchase. Its an original UEO Ensign patch used in the show. This patch was situated on the right hand shoulder of a UEO officer's uniform and displayed his rank to other UEO personnel.

norm-yp4e6e8d0a273282.21234770-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

norm-yp4e6e8d0a3cb624.42459714-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

The patch came with a separate rear piece which im guessing was originally sewed to the back of the patch to allow for a velcro type attachment to the costume.

norm-yp4e6e8d0a526851.10539338-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

Here is a a comparison of the original patch next to a replica patch, I brought from "SciFicGeeks.com" and you can see the difference in colour and the embroidering easily.

norm-yp4e6e8d0a67e4d9.80854862-SeaQuest+DSV+%28TV%29+%281993%29.jpeg

I am still working out how Im going to display all these items at home. I am thinking of something simple like custom wall frames for the letter/envelop and the Shoulder patch, but Im unsure what to do with the bigger props.

let me know what you think guys:confused

Thats pretty awesome.
SeaQuest was the first English speaking tv show that I became a total fanatic about ( I grew up in Europe).
Funny enough I was planning on popping in disc 1 of season 2 tomorrow night.
I really think that the data feedback module is the gadget they created so they could speak to Darwin- the dolphin.

I was such a fanatic that I actually wrote the show and they sent me pack a pr promo card featuring the cast and amazingly they all signed it.
I should figure out where I put that thing.

Cool collection youve got going

Thats pretty awesome.
SeaQuest was the first English speaking tv show that I became a total fanatic about ( I grew up in Europe).
Funny enough I was planning on popping in disc 1 of season 2 tomorrow night.
I really think that the data feedback module is the gadget they created so they could speak to Darwin- the dolphin.

I was such a fanatic that I actually wrote the show and they sent me pack a pr promo card featuring the cast and amazingly they all signed it.
I should figure out where I put that thing.

Cool collection youve got going

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I have gotten obsessed with Seaquest memorabilia this year and whenever I watch the series over again I just want more props to go with my collection. The data modular was part of the Shuttle's sonar equipment and the reason for the prop in the episode listed was it was take to help a fugitive keep tabs on the Seaquest so if they attempted a rescue the fugitives would see them coming.

Your remote control scanner was not used in the episode Second Chance it was used in the episode "Vapors" by Dom Deluise who played Nick Piccolo. I'm a big fan of Seaquest as well and also have some great props and costumes from the show.

Your remote control scanner was not used in the episode Second Chance it was used in the episode "Vapors" by Dom Deluise who played Nick Piccolo. I'm a big fan of Seaquest as well and also have some great props and costumes from the show.

Wow thank you prop collector, ill have a look for it in that episode. I would love to see what u have in your collection mate.

I have the UEO headquarters in my collection. I keep it a few miles south of my house, out in Tampa Bay.

ueo_port_ncq_day.jpg

I rode my bicycle down there with my kids last weekend to make sure it was okay. Turns out all these dang tourists has invaded and were doing salsa dancing on the backside! :)

Okay, maybe I don't really own it. Well, I sort of do, as a taxpayer, since it's property of the city of St. Petersburg. They filmed all around St. Pete for that show, and the pier was featured in that CGI enhanced pic above and in close ups with Roy Scheider on his motorcycle. Here's how the pier normally looks:

st_pete_pier.jpg

They CGI'ed in the sub, the monorail looking thing and the large archway over the building at the right. The building peaking through under the CGI arch (and CGI large thing on top) is the old Florida Power building, which is actually several miles southwest of the pier. The wonders of Hollywood.

Scott

I have the UEO headquarters in my collection. I keep it a few miles south of my house, out in Tampa Bay.

ueo_port_ncq_day.jpg

I rode my bicycle down there with my kids last weekend to make sure it was okay. Turns out all these dang tourists has invaded and were doing salsa dancing on the backside! :)

Okay, maybe I don't really own it. Well, I sort of do, as a taxpayer, since it's property of the city of St. Petersburg. They filmed all around St. Pete for that show, and the pier was featured in that CGI enhanced pic above and in close ups with Roy Scheider on his motorcycle. Here's how the pier normally looks:

st_pete_pier.jpg

They CGI'ed in the sub, the monorail looking thing and the large archway over the building at the right. The building peaking through under the CGI arch (and CGI large thing on top) is the old Florida Power building, which is actually several miles southwest of the pier. The wonders of Hollywood.

Scott

Amazing stuff Skaught, thanks for sharing that, now whenever I see that seen ill always picture that photo of the pier you just posted.

So glad I could help! I love Seaquest!! :)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Prop Collector. You sir are a legend. Finally I know where this prop (which cost me the most to buy) appeared in the series and now have a continuity polaroid to go with my screenshots.

Yeah, it'll be a goner. Maybe I can sell rubble from the old building as Sea Quest props?

That photo with Deluise above is taken at a house near me, too. For the right price I'll steal the house numbers for you!

Scott

lol thanks for the offer mate. Im a massive fan but I dont think Ill be able to get a COA with the numbers to make it all official :) hehehe. Thanks for the offer mate.

I've always wanted to get my hands on a Seaquest crew side hand gun but the chances of finding one for sale is near impossible.

Scott, I love that shot :)

They ran it in the paper when the show was new, and I had it in my scrapbook for the longest time.

-MJ

How come there are no pics (anywhere) of the Darwin prop? I've never been able to find any.

...somewhere I saw pics of the 1:1 stinger at an auction house but I can't find those now either.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back