My Rocketeer Collection Update 12/17 new layout and info

Re: My Rocketeer Collection Update 1/17 The Prototype Production Helmet

"Wait a minute, bug, gnat. Is there a little similarity?" -Uncle Buck

i never noticed that...i do see the similarities....or maybe he was just a bad artist haha

btw, have you seen this

rocketeer_L1-1_zpsd235f2de.jpg

[url]http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab209/MikeyBs_album/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8cd00f4f.jpg[/URL]

"Wait a minute, bug, gnat. Is there a little similarity?" -Uncle Buck

Last edited:

I did see that and preordered from BBTS. I was really bummed out when the Captain Action Rocketeer concept was pulled. Although I remember reading last year that Hot Toys got the license for 1/6 scale. Where was this stuff when we were kids!

Seriously. I been wanting Neca to get the license to do an action figure. Or Todd McFarlane movie type figures.

Re: My Rocketeer Collection Update 10/15 Mannequin Display

Since you invite further questions:
-- Does anyone know the identity of the radio (transceiver twins?) discovered behind Neville's bookshelf? I've wondered that since I first saw the movie in an advanced showing. I'm a bit of an industrial/military radio geek, but have never seen another one. (found a listing of the radios used in the movie elsewhere, but I don't see it addressed) It seems like it could be German, military or industrial, like shipboard, railroad use or the like. The front panel is very unusual, It seems to have the same texture as old cast iron weston switchboard meters from a century ago, so made of cast iron or bakelite? The raised round backlit meters could easily be a prop master's add on. I wondered, is this something you know about--or may even have in one of your boxes? Thanks.

Wasn't quite sure where to put this post, but this thread has long been my top go-to Rocketeer thread, so hope you don't mind, ER.

Thought that you guys would be interested to know that The Rocketeer is currently available on Netflix.

Cheers, enjoy watching, and don't forget to give it a good rating!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonderful stuff.

thanks man...

if you look closer in my new set up. you will see a prop that I never listed before ;)

b245a8a9-d975-489c-81c0-aa3934c111fd_zps49bf6b42.png

Since you invite further questions:
-- Does anyone know the identity of the radio (transceiver twins?)

you may want to contact another member on this site...i think his name is ecbfan or something like that. he did a ton of research on all of the radios.

Wasn't quite sure where to put this post, but this thread has long been my top go-to Rocketeer thread, so hope you don't mind, ER.

Thought that you guys would be interested to know that The Rocketeer is currently available on Netflix.

Cheers, enjoy watching, and don't forget to give it a good rating!

i dont mind at all. :thumbsup

Minor Update: I know people have been trying to Pm me through this website, and my mail box has been full for a long time. Most info people are requesting are in a thread called Budget and screen accurate rocketeer tutorial. A lot of useful info in there. Just use the search button to find it. Search button comes in handy for alot of info. About 80% of the questions asked through pm can be found in old threads.

I unofficially stop collecting rocketeer props about a year or so ago, and taking a break from the prop world for some time to focus on other things. Not trying to ignore you, but I just dont have the time to email everyone

Since you are THE EXPERT collector here :) Can you confirm for me whether the character ever wore a Gun Holster in the movie? I've tried finding shots of Rocketeer with it on his belt strap but can't find any. Seems like NO HOLSTER for proper costumes and displays then I guess?

No holster. He picks up the Mauser during the firefight at the observatory. I have one for my display, and when I finish my costume I'll be holding it for some photos.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back