My Rebel Legion Approved Jar Jar Binks Costume

Bossk

I thought Jar Jar Binks was a very innovative and entertaining character and was genuinely surprised by the many fans that claim to have hated him. I believe that those who do are mostly the younger fans who take the Star Wars franchise far too seriously and simply do not understand the concept of the omnipresent "Comic Relief Characters" from the golden age of movie making which George Lucas intimately understood and drew from to create his Sci Fi epic. There are many, many things far more ridiculous in Star Wars than a somewhat goofy and clumsy amphibious alien. The inexplicably prissy and cowardly "protocol droid"C3P0, for example, the primary "Comic Relief Character " of the original trilogy, was a far dumber and more unrealistic character from the standpoint he was a robot that nobody would have ever programed to behave like that. With that said, and despite the fact that my Bossk is as popular as ever after ten years now, I decided to make the "classic" Jar Jar Binks as my next Star War character costume, when I was able to buy a life size Pepsi promotional figure of Jar Jar at a very cheap price. With almost nothing to lose, I dissected the figure and modified it into a wearable costume, improving on some of the costume elements (though Jar Jar's trousers were a perfect fit!). Most people would not be able to fit their arms inside the vinyl arms of the figure, and they had to be just the right length, and it was almost as if I was "meant" to be Jar Jar as my arms were virtually the exact length of the statue's!

Like my Bossk, this is a very hot and uncomfortable costume to wear. The worst part is how my head must be pressed into Jar Jar's stiff vinyl neck, and it is very hard to breath or see through the tiny holes intended to be nearly invisible. But also like Bossk, it is worth the pain when I see how many fans, young and old alike really LOVE this character, and I am practically mobbed by people wanting to "get a picture with Jar Jar" every time I wear the costume.

Attachments

• 1504976525679.jpg
    1504976525679.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 548
  • 1504976524639.jpg
    1504976524639.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 524
  • jar jar Avatar.jpg
    jar jar Avatar.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 471
  • 0409171840.jpg
    0409171840.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 553
Having been in costume at events with this Jar Jar I can attest that he is super popular and people absolutely adore him. There is a lot of body movement that really helps sell the character as well.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back