Need Help on a head in a Jar Effect

RedBeardTheRat

I don't know where to post this, but I have been tasked with creating a head-in-a-jar effect with someone sitting under a table and their head up in the jar for a Haunted house. I am looking for somewhere I can buy a clear plastic jar to cut a hole in the bottom and fit a head in. Or something Esles that I can use to simulate the Head in a Jar. I was thinking of a Plastic Carboy, but honestly, I don't even know where to start thinking about the size of things.

Try;

Unsure if your head will fit inside, but at least you’ll have a jar of cheese balls. Ensure you have a fan blowing from the bottom or top so you will have plenty of ventilation.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
I don't know where to post this, but I have been tasked with creating a head-in-a-jar effect with someone sitting under a table and their head up in the jar for a Haunted house. I am looking for somewhere I can buy a clear plastic jar to cut a hole in the bottom and fit a head in. Or something Esles that I can use to simulate the Head in a Jar. I was thinking of a Plastic Carboy, but honestly, I don't even know where to start thinking about the size of things.
Not sure if you figured anything out yet. One way to do it, although it makes it more ghost like, which works for Halloween anyways, is the whole peppers ghost effect.
Might be more than you have the time or budget to do, but, assuming the haunted house is on Halloween, there is still a week and a half left.
This video gives a basic idea of how to do it.
I was mainly thinking of a jar with the clear slanted plastic inside with a way to project the image onto it. The guy uses an ipad, although a phone might work. I actually wonder if you have a table with a hole in it, if a projector pointing up towards that plastic would work. Not sure...but, if it did, you could then have a camera connected to it with the actor interacting live with people. I suppose they would need a way to see whats going on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back