My project ex Machina Briareos% 100 Pepakura

You did better than well my friend, You did a STELLAR job! :D

your the boss, the final suit turned out fantastic.

Hey Toja, my jaw dropped when i came across this brah!!!! great job keep up th' good work.:cool:cool

guys I'm very grateful for the his kind words,
in the future I will continue working on a version "altered" Hull, improve muscle garment, but that in the future.
PDVD_000.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

P1060691.jpg

chicos estoy muy agradecido por las gentiles palabras,
en el futuro seguire trabajando en una version "alterada" del casco, mejorar la prenda muscular, pero eso en el futuro.

Your chest plate is pepakura, is the back armor also pepakura, or did you use EVA foam to make that part? The picture wasn't real obvious as to the material used.

Thanks!

Russ

Your chest plate is pepakura, is the back armor also pepakura, or did you use EVA foam to make that part? The picture wasn't real obvious as to the material used.

Thanks!

Russ

At first I had the idea to stick with the old school method of resin, fiber etc etc, but in the case of the vest and chest seemed much more practical to do with craft foam.
P1060252.jpg

En un principio tenia la idea de seguir con el metodo de la vieja escuela resina, fibra etc etc, pero en el caso del chaleco y el pecho me parecio mucho mas practico hacerlo con goma eva.

Last edited:
How thick is the foam you used?

Some foam was white and the rest black? Did you use acrylic paint to paint the white foam?

How thick is the foam you used?

Some foam was white and the rest black? Did you use acrylic paint to paint the white foam?

The thickness is 1 cm (0.3937 inches) in color, just change the color, thickness and dencidad gum are equal, the paint is water-based acrylic (60 black) three hand between drying and drying , "if I did not vest prior treatment PVA (wood glue) it is known that with this treatment prior to painting, the finish is much betterhowever not good for flexible parts

El espesor es de 1 cm (0.3937 Pulgadas) en cuanto al color, solo cambia el color, el espesor y la dencidad de la goma son iguales, la pintura utilizada es acrilica a base de agua (60 negro) tres mano entre secado y secado, "en el caso del chaleco yo no hice el tratamiento previo PVA (COLA DE CARPINTERO) se sabe que con ese tratamiento previo a la pintura, el acabado es mucho mejor, sin embargo no es bueno para piezas flexibles

Hey mate, well done on the awesome build. I am going to make the helmet and I was just wondering how tight your pepakura helmet was? Was it snug? Or was there a bit of free space left inside? I ask because I want to get the scale right for the tightest possible fit.

Hey mate, well done on the awesome build. I am going to make the helmet and I was just wondering how tight your pepakura helmet was? Was it snug? Or was there a bit of free space left inside? I ask because I want to get the scale right for the tightest possible fit.

Hi Jordi, the scale that I use is as tight as possible, almost to the limit so much I had to modify the inside to keep the scale. first and second photo shows.
for my head long okay, not the width.
P1030383.jpg

In this photo, you can see the depth of this groove, you can cut the inside of the area to gain more spaces out wide (thus I did it)
bRIAREOSTOJA-4.jpg

Hola Jordi, la escala que yo utilice es lo mas apretado posible, casi al limite tanto asi que tuve que modificar el interior para mantener la escala. primera y segunda foto se muestra.
para mi cabeza el largo esta bien, no asi el ancho.

en esta foto, se puede ver la profundidad de este surco, usted puede rebajar el interior de esta zona para ganar mas espacia a lo ancho (asi lo hice)
Ultima foto, medidas aproximadas de mi cabeza "tome nota, esta foto sera eliminada a la brevedad lol"

Last edited:
I tried the standard scale tonight and yeah, its too small. I'm 181cm so I guess that was wishful thinking. Will try 5% or so increase. This will be the third briareos helmet (well the top part anyway) I've done. Starting to think I could do this with my eyes closed.

How long did it take you to do the unfold, and how many
pages of paper did it take? I started to do an unfold but it's
going to take a fair amount of effort to get it to fit as currently
(unedited) the majority of the head is one piece spread out
over 4 or 5 pages. :)

I tried the standard scale tonight and yeah, its too small. I'm 181cm so I guess that was wishful thinking. Will try 5% or so increase. This will be the third briareos helmet (well the top part anyway) I've done. Starting to think I could do this with my eyes closed.

I believe that with 5% more, would be nice
unfortunately I did not find the photo of the two helmet of the same file, however I have this for you to have a reference, I hope you find it useful
* "remember that the hull is longer than wide"
P1030341_zpsc2793cda.jpg

How long did it take you to do the unfold, and how many
pages of paper did it take? I started to do an unfold but it's
going to take a fair amount of effort to get it to fit as currently
(unedited) the majority of the head is one piece spread out
over 4 or 5 pages. :)
The important pages are around 20 leaves,
You see, from trial and error were three total helmet to find the right size for my height, I can safely say that the total development of the final helmet took me 3 months in my spare time.

Here in Spanish (the translation is that there are things that are lost.
yo creo que con 5% mas, estaria bien
por desgracia no encontre la foto de los dos casco del mismo archivo, sin embargo tengo este para que usted tenga un referencia, espero que le sea util
"recuerde que el casco es mas largo que ancho"

Las paginas importante son aproximadamente 20 hojas, los
Vera usted, entre ensayo y error fueron tres casco el total hasta encontrar el tamaño mas adecuado para mi estatura, puedo decirle con seguridad que el desarrollo total del casco final me llevo 3 meces en mi tiempo libre.

So I pepped it In the scale of 1.78...and again I'm thinking it's too small. :facepalm
IMAG0322_zps67d498b7.jpg

IMAG0313_zps6fd942ab.jpg

12-4A161B80-1156539-800_zps09446108.jpg

It took me 2 days of brutal pepping just to get to this point, I really don't want to have to start over, thinking about just modding this one, even if it's just as simple as cutting the darn thing in half and adding in a half centimeter strip of paper to make it longer. I basically have to force it on. :unsure

Was your pep model pressed up against your forehead like shown in this pic?
IMAG0316_zps657e811f.jpg

You might be better off just redoing it than forcing it to work if the size is too small.

Pep is a pain to do, but sometimes it's better to just toss it in the trash and redo it with a larger size.

Jordy, What pep file are you using? Did you unfold it yourself or was it already done?

if I ran into the same problem the forehead and cheekbones, and finished the model cut inside until it was comfortable my face

Luckily for you may modify it before applying resin (I recess with winch, after putting the first layer of resin)
the photo shows wear all sectors
cascointerno_zpsad1e42e1.jpg

si me encontre con el mismo problema la frente y pomulos, ya terminado el modelo recorte en el interior hasta que quedara comoda mi cara

por suerte para usted puede modificarlo antes de aplicar resina (yo rebaje con el torno, luego de poner la primera capa de resina)
en la foto se muestra todos los sectores que desgaste

Last edited:
Rook 3: Yeah, I decided to start over, this particular helmet just has ALOT of pieces. This will be the fourth one and hopefully the last! lol
Heres a link to the file, it's Dung0beetle's, and no I didn't unfold it: Cabeza Briareos ANTENAS_0000.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

toja: Thanks again for your help here and for the pictures. I have a feeling that even when I make it slightly larger I'll have to do exactly that. (Trim off those areas you marked).

Once I get the scale figured out, and the helmet pepped and ready to go, I'll start a build thread. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back