Question My Premium Membership badge is not showing up (answered)

Re: Premium Member Badge gone AWOL(?) (answered)

I feel like I'm advertising the new Captain America movie! :lol

- - - Updated - - -

@Bigdaddy... what you are seeing is actually just part of their avatar (made to look like a badge above it).
hmmmm, ...sneaky! Thanks Montagar, as always cool avatar. :cool:thumbsup

Re: Premium Member Badge gone AWOL(?) (answered)

Yeah, I am glad as well. I liked the old ones and when I finally get around to signing up then they get changed... Noooooo!!! ;) I look forward to seeing the new designs.

I see non premium members posting FS threads in RUNS section? (answered)

I have seen a few members with no premium badge and under 50 post count still managing to post sales threads.
How is this possible?
Does it have to do with the post counts dropping due to the old JY getting removed? I guess if people had over 50 posts and suddenly dropped down, they still qualify as premium. In that case, does their premium badge go away automarically?

Just curious.
Here is an example sales thread:
Project runs: http://www.therpf.com/f75/captain-america-winter-soldier-helmet-sculpture-clay-216306/#post3344683
Junk yard: http://www.therpf.com/f13/captain-america-winter-soldier-helmet-216304/

Last edited:
re: I see non premium members posting FS threads in RUNS section? (answered)

JY posts never counted as posts in the first place. I think they just through the cracks.

Their Premium Member badges might just be turned off in the Permission Groups menu?

Actually that same person has posted the same sales thread is the WTB section as well.
Is there some rule that you shouldn't post the same thread in the JY, the Projects run and Wtb forums at the same time?

Their Premium Member badges might just be turned off in the Permission Groups menu?

I don't think you can turn off the badge any more.

Actually that same person has posted the same sales thread is the WTB section as well.
Is there some rule that you shouldn't post the same thread in the JY, the Projects run and Wtb forums at the same time?

Yeah, just saw that after my post above :lol

I'm a Premium Member and mine's turned off? Or at least, I can't see it after switching the permissions.

I'm a Premium Member and mine's turned off? Or at least, I can't see it after switching the permissions.

ooooooh. Maybe its been enabled again. IIRC, just up to no more than a few weeks ago, I read somewhere that the badges could not be turned off any more.

.... brb

.. it works again ! :lol

OK, I'm not going nuts either :lol

Because of the new system of ranks that we are applying, you won't be able to hide the Premium Membership badge.

Last edited:

Oh.... I thought Art said we will have no choice to turn it off anymore.
I might have just misunderstood.

Beat me to it Alan :lol

- - - Updated - - -

ooooooh. Maybe its been enabled again. IIRC, just up to no more than 2 weeks ago, I read somewhere that the badges could not be turned off any more.

.... brb

.. it works again ! :lol
But it still leaves the question of why they have under 50 posts and are posting a "run" in all three sections?

Now I feel naked :lol

...... now I don't :lol

But it still leaves the question of why they have under 50 posts and are posting a "run" in all three sections?

I think any Premium Member can post in the JY , even if under 50 posts, so long as he's been a member for more than 90 days (which he is). The person must have his badge switched off.

..... or it fell through the cracks :lol

Maybe first he posted in the WTB, got caught, got told off, then bought a PM membership, switched off his badge, and the thread in the WTB got left there.

... or he has the badge switched off and just initially posted in the WTB by mistake.

I think any Premium Member can post in the JY , even if under 50 posts, so long as he's been a member for more than 90 days (which he is). The person must have his badge switched off.

Maybe first he posted in the WTB, got caught, got told off, then bought a PM membership, switched off his badge, and the thread in the WTB got left there.

... or he has the badge switched off and just initially posted in the WTB by mistake.

.... So what are you trying to say Alan?.....

.... It might have fallen through the cracks? :lol

.... So what are you trying to say Alan?.....

.... It might have fallen through the cracks? :lol

Not at all. How dare you presume to put words into my mouth.

All I am saying is that it might have fallen through the cracks :lol

Not at all. How dare you presume to put words into my mouth.

All I am saying is that it might have fallen through the cracks :lol

Ohhhhhhh, my bad!!! I thought you were saying "it MIGHT have fallen through the cracks"....
I didn't realize you were saying "it might HAVE fallen through the cracks". :lol

Naked again.

.... then not.

And again.

Just call me the RPF streaker :lol

Who needs a fig leaf when you got a Premium badge to play with :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhhhhhh, my bad!!! I thought you were saying "it MIGHT have fallen through the cracks"....
I didn't realize you were saying "it might HAVE fallen through the cracks". :lol

Youth ! :darnkids

I said it MIGHT have fallen through the cracks :lol

A few things...

1) Only Premium Members can start threads in the Junkyard and Project Runs forums. This is controlled by the forum software, so it is not possible for a non-Premium Member to start a thread in those forums.

2) For now, the Premium Member badge does not show up automatically when a member becomes Premium, so even though the member becomes Premium immediately (with all the Premium Member abilities), the badge needs to be added manually.

3) The drop in post counts that took place could make a member's count drop below the required amount to be a "Premium Full Member", but their status does not change as they had the required posts when they were upgrade to "Full Member". Also, members that met the previous 20 posts requirement became Full Members before the change and were "grandfathered" in.

We do understand that this is causing confusion when a member without the badge starts a thread in the Junkyard or Project Runs forum so we are looking at possible resolutions to the issue.

@Serenity Your badge has now been turned on.

Re: I see non premium members posting FS threads in RUNS section? (answered)

Naked again.

.... then not.

And again.

Just call me the RPF streaker :lol

Who needs a fig leaf when you got a Premium badge to play with :lol

Now now, if the premium badges were pink and sparkly, nobody would EVER want to turn them off.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back