Question My Premium Membership badge is not showing up (answered)

re: Premium Membership Question (answered)

When you sign up for a Premium Membership, all the benefits become available immediately except for the Premium Member badge that appears under your user name, that is a manual process and can take a couple of days of appear.

Premium Member Badge gone AWOL(?) (answered)

Either the USER CP is the issue or my eyes:

I just became a premium member (YAY) and I thought I would add the premium member-badge. I have been reading this for the past 10 minutes or so:

Access to Premium Member Badge
You now have access to the Premium Member badge and can display it below your user name if you so choose.

Adding Premium Member Badge:
Click User CP in the nav bar.
Click Group Memberships from the Networking section of the menu on the left.
Click the radio button next to the Premium Member badge.
Click the Update Display Group button!

Congrats, your Premium Member badge will now display beneath your user name in every post!

NOTE: If you have a Custom User Title in place, you will need to:
Click User CP in the nav bar.
Click Edit Your Details from the Your Profile section of the menu on the left.
In the Custom User Title block (second section, first block) check the Reset box.
Scroll to the bottom of the Edit Your Details page and click Save Changes!

If you don't do this your Custom User Title will supersede your Premium Member Badge.

First of all I can't for the life of me find any "USER CP" in the navbar. I did get into it using the cog wheel icon at the top.
Then under Networking on that page there is no Group Memberships, only "Friends & Contacts" and "Event Reminders".
I did try to add a costum title then remove is by checking the reset thingy, that didn't help. :(
So am I blind or does it take time for the Group Memberships to show up or is this a technical issue??? :unsure HELP! :p

re: Premium Member Badge gone AWOL(?) (answered)

First, you are absolutely right. Those instructions are out of date. :( Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Second, there was a technical issue with your account. Got it straightened out and you now have a PM badge!

Yay, I'm not going blind ;) You're very welcome. Those instructions are real confusing indeed.

Second, there was a technical issue with your account. Got it straightened out and you now have a PM badge!

Of course there was, it's always something :p my usual luck

Got it straightened out and you now have a PM badge!

Thank you Art :D

Sadly, we hadn't updated them since moving from vB 3 to vB4. That is why they were so confusing. Our bad. :(

Re: Premium Member Badge gone AWOL(?) (answered)

I can't update my profile with PM badge :(
Or I just don't know how...
can you please help??
thanks

This is just the opposite of what others are asking, but is there a way to still hide the badge? The option to disable it on the Permission Groups page seems to be missing since the recent update.

This is just the opposite of what others are asking, but is there a way to still hide the badge? The option to disable it on the Permission Groups page seems to be missing since the recent update.

There is not. We are implementing a new badge system in which a member may have multiple badges. Before you could have a badge OR a user title. Now you can have a badge AND a user title as well.

I noticed the addition of the badge with the user title, but I've also seen some "custom" badges. Are those member created, or an option in the settings?

Can you give us an example of the custom badge you are referring to?

@Bigdaddy... what you are seeing is actually just part of their avatar (made to look like a badge above it).

What I think is funny is that with the premium member badge, all you need to do is split the white field in two lengthwise and color the bottom part red, and you'll make every Texan in here happy as all get out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back