my predator shelf...

hellonearth

you guessed it, the shelf with all my predators on it. obviously im counting the shelf w/preds as one thing but dammit thats what id save. almost all of them have been mildly to seriously customized here and there and i really don't have anything to do but that sometimes so i've ended up going all out on a few of them over the last year or two and especially in the last few months. please tell me what you think! is it a worthy collection? please, you tell me :D im becoming quite pleased with the collection so far although there are still a few that i would love to display but cant ( either because i don't have them, i don't have them anymore, or simply just cant make myself take them out of the box:) but anyway i worked real hard on a few of them, and theres a couple you might recognize from other topics i've posted, but please feel encouraged to leave feedback if theres anything you'd like to say, im also open to suggestions if anyone has any anyway, here they are...

PA170142.jpg

from the left...

PA170144.jpg

from the right...

PA170145.jpg

the bad seed, i still plan to repaint the body completely, but here he is in his custom armor...

PA170158.jpg

a shot of my custom P2 pred... which if anyone would like more detailed pics of any of these, please let me know:)

PA170156.jpg

my custom elder with the ram predator that i made at his side...

PA170154.jpg

couple more shots...

PA170155.jpg

PA170153.jpg

PA170147.jpg

another look at my "bad blooded" predator...

PA170150.jpg

PA160131.jpg

another shot from the right of the preds that didn't really get close ups...

PA170146.jpg

anyway, so far thats my collection. thanks so much for lookin i hope you enjoyed my little display, i do, every day ;) like i said i hope to pretty much totally customize all of them within the next few months, i really want to get another P1 head so i can have the quilled maskless, open mouthed version for alternate display, i added a bunch of quills to my wolfs faces because the mask permitted it even a few in the eyebrows without disabling his ability to wear the mask. because i don't know about anyone else, but it makes it a lot more fun to look at, the more accurate or unique they are. thanks again for lookin' guys!!! let me know what you think, if anything :rolleyes:

PA170142.jpg

PA170144.jpg

PA170145.jpg

PA170158.jpg

PA170156.jpg

PA170154.jpg

PA170155.jpg

PA170153.jpg

PA170147.jpg

PA170150.jpg

PA160131.jpg

PA170146.jpg

nice collection, though quick question, if your house was burning down how could you fit them all in your arms? there are quite alot there

The collection perfect, but would be desirable more developed review on customs figures! The Samurai you will do?
By the way and where AVP Celtic ?
Here this mask it very interesting ,whence it?
PA160131.jpg

PA160131.jpg

nice collection, though quick question, if your house was burning down how could you fit them all in your arms? there are quite alot there
ya a part or two might fall away as im running but trust me these guys are comin with me :D thanks for your concern though :rolleyes: gotta cover all the bases.

The collection perfect, but would be desirable more developed review on customs figures! The Samurai you will do?
By the way and where AVP Celtic ?
Here this mask it very interesting ,whence it?
PA160131.jpg
thank you sir! as for the figure mentioned i will do a better review once ive given him new skin (paint) and as for the mask he is wearing that would be the gort bio from predator 2, thought to be the first (or one of the first) P1 bios but didn't make it into the first movie, it was spotted inside the movie prop truck in some of the behind the scenes shots. but it did, however end up on one of the hunters in the ship at the end of the second movie. anyhow, thank you for your attention! i will certainly keep you posted on the progress of that creature :rolleyes: oh, and unfortunately celtic is one of the ones that i cant bring myself to take out of the box :D so that's why he isn't present.

PA160131.jpg

by the way, concerning the customs, i did do a more detailed thread on the ram predator thats to the right of the elder a little while back called "my hot toys ram predator", and im gonna have one on the P2 thats to the left of the elder once im finished with him, so keep an eye out, thanks guys! all feedback is welcome good or bad :rolleyes: just try to take it easy on me if its bad... :D

Looks like u got ALOT of them
very nice shelf..

and to my question , ive just started collecting 1/6 figures (already got the hot toys joker , iron man mk3) and now i got the Predator - Cleaner Kit version
after struggling with the net , and the armor (talk about articulation) i noticed that
1) he looks taller (and less muscular) them most of the predators , is it just me or is it because i dont have any other predator to compare it to?
2) he seems a little bit jerky , and his stand aint that good
3) ive seen a youtube video with a refrence on how to mod magnets to the armor so you can attach the kit on his back with more ease

thanks for sharing the info :rolleyes:

ebay man... sometimes you get lucky, i just got a chopper brand new, still has that new toy smell, for like 215 or somethin'. :rolleyes: tryin to get my NIB pred collection up...

Looks like u got ALOT of them
very nice shelf..

and to my question , ive just started collecting 1/6 figures (already got the hot toys joker , iron man mk3) and now i got the Predator - Cleaner Kit version
after struggling with the net , and the armor (talk about articulation) i noticed that
1) he looks taller (and less muscular) them most of the predators , is it just me or is it because i dont have any other predator to compare it to?
2) he seems a little bit jerky , and his stand aint that good
3) ive seen a youtube video with a refrence on how to mod magnets to the armor so you can attach the kit on his back with more ease

thanks for sharing the info :rolleyes:

Hey hell , could u answer regarding my impressions on the cleaner?

sorry buddy, the one time i don't , ah nevermind anyway, yes this isn't your imagination, the body they used for the two versions of the wolf was much slimmer, not sure about taller, but definately less muscular than all previous preds, they only used that body for the wolf, partly im sure because his forearm and shin armor are part of the body, making it pretty specific to the wolf. but other than that i think it might even be slightly less articulated than the previous preds too ( in the shoulders i think).

when i got my first wolf (original) everything was great. when i got my cleaner kit version, all the joints were kinda loose, the dreds had hardly had the care being installed that the first version had, they were all over the place making me have to remove every one of em just so i could glue them back the right way!!! i don't know what was up during production of that piece but i haven't seen that low of care before or after that version (with there preds that is)

the stand was also a different story, i believe it was one of the first little diorama bases that they put with one of there figures, and i guess all the kinks weren't worked out, because the post that holds the figure up wasn't connected to a very solid base, it just connected to a little piece inside the big hollow plasticy base, and it kinda has a tendency to shift pretty easilly.

so overall the cleaner kit version specifically kinda had some bad luck, but thats really (IMO) the worst example of a hot toys pred out there, and with it still being an awesome figure, that says something for the others if ya get what i mean.

oh and just a hint: if you happen to buy a P2 predator, don't be surprised if the figure isn't exactly painted to prototype pic specifications... ive never heard so many people complain :) but it's still an awesome figure! :D

Superb Collection, can't wait to see what skin color you plan on using for the bad blood predator, that one looks like he will be a bad ass freakin custom, i was looking for that custom gort mask & also asia ancient mask on ebay but it is hard to come by. Anyways by far the best custom collection I've see on the lair, you got to post a video of them on youtube, even the one boxed!

Superb Collection, can't wait to see what skin color you plan on using for the bad blood predator, that one looks like he will be a bad ass freakin custom, i was looking for that custom gort mask & also asia ancient mask on ebay but it is hard to come by. Anyways by far the best custom collection I've see on the lair, you got to post a video of them on youtube, even the one boxed!
well thanks a million guys! im certainly glad you all can appreciate it :) if my wife knew how much was actually spent on this collection she'd castrate me! so again im glad more than one person can appreciate such a display.

but on the note of the bad blood custom, im workin on him right now and i'll certainly do a more in depth review when he's done. im hopin' he'll turn out to be my best custom HT pred yet so check back here in a week or so

and buddy as far as the masks you referred to i got the gort bio from "nosferatoys" and i do believe that occasionally a seller who goes by "qqqqaaaa" (that's his ebay name) sells the ancient elder asian version bio. i've never bought anything from qqqqaaaa but his stuff looks pretty good. nosferatoys, however has yet to give me anything but nice thick bio's, i've actually got another bio and i believe it's the "axerator" axe from that model kit, from him on the way at the moment. im sure you could contact either of them to at least see when they might be putting back up the items in question.

this is amazing stuff!!

I was thinking, if you put just a little effort in how you take the pictures, one might not even notice they're scaled down figures! Just don't show any obvious telltale surroundings, like that keyboard, and hide the feet, and you're good to go.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back