My Nostromo EVA Suit Project

Here I come with some more progress.

To remove pores and see flaws or reliefs to sand more, I have given a few layers of paint to cover the surface of the backpack..

Meanwhile, between drying the epoxy resin and backpack paint job, I spent my time cutting the helmet acrylic glass of the upper light.

so far the new updates of my progress, I will continue working on it..

The slowest process now will be all the sewing work, I'm not very good at sewing, but there is no other option if I want to do it myself, it will be based on trying to sew and everything goes well.. :lol:

After investing countless hours, progress is being seen.

I will need many more hours for the rest of the progress, to join the pieces and continue sewing details on the pants as well...

Hi I come back again.

Sorry for delay in my progress. It has been a very long year, the loss of my Mother in an accident left me quite far from everything, thanks to my friends who have been there that I return with the same or more energy in my projects. Sorry for spilling my stuff, let's move forward with the project and I hope you like how I'm progressing these days.

Thank you in advance for following my progress here and replying that you like what I have been making to date.

I continue adding intertwined twine on the sleeves..

A view of what it looks like and testing, before finally sewing the sleeves to the jacket, you can already see the football armor in the photograph.

I have added some more parts to get an idea and the whole thing looks pretty good..

I disassembled everything and I began to sew the sleeves in their final place aligned

Last edited:
It was time to start the pants and sew all their details

Since I couldn't wait any longer to see myself with it, I tried to wearing all I had so far, with quite some difficulty since it is really difficult to get dressed alone without the help of another person. It was difficult and overwhelming, when I put on the helmet everything instantly fogged up and I couldn't see anything... happy but very overwhelmed, that helmet urgently needs ventilation...

Sorry to hear about your Mother's passing in such tragic circumstances.:( It seems that the project's continuation is one way to cope and, so far, the progress you've made are quite impressive:cool::cool:(y)(y) As you said, the helmet needs some kind of fan/air to make sure it doesn't fog-up...but, more importantly, that no accumulation of carbon monoxide occurs when wearing it:eek:
Eager to see your next update!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back