My Nike MAG Project

You did a fantastic job. Thank you for the step by step photos. What material did you use for the strap? Also, what kind of glue did you use to glue the soles back together?

Thanks Jedifyfe!! I honestly don't know what the material is. I went to the fabric store and just looked for some white leather like material. It does reminde me of cheap leather seats in cars lol.

I just used super glue to put the soles back together. I made sure not to have any ooze out the edges. Super glue always leave marks when it drys.

I should have pics today! And I'm hoping to be done today!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Are the transparent sole parts covered with that kind of cement glue or is there a chance to get the original glue off of them. I will try to use a light foil for the sole part. I think it is easier to show the original shape of the glowing parts then having just led spots. please tell me that it is possible to get the glue off?

chris.jones: When you peel down the transparent sole parts, the rubber of the sole it completely stuck to it. You can see this in the first set of pictures i posted. I was not able to peel the transparent sole parts down with out the rubber getting stuck to them. I had to just cut the rubber off. You can get it all off if you spend the time cutting it off. Just be careful that you don't cut through transparent sole.

FrontCover: I am trying to contact Pitbull to make sure he is ok with me doing conversions. Since I am new here I do not want to step on any toes. I will post here as soon as I know.

Ok so I didn't get as much done as I wanted to yesterday. I had a few things come up but here is all I did.

Paint1.jpg

Just taped up the shoes to get them ready for painting.

Ill post more later when I paint them

OK, I'm all done! I'm not 100% happy with the way the paint came out. Let me know what you all think.

Finished2.jpg

Finished1.jpg

Well this was really fun! I'm a bit sad that I'm done. I had a ton of fun working on these.

Your video really kicks ass dude! Honestly, watching it made me forget for a minute that the "real" MAGs exist. Looks amazing having all the lights on and wearing them at the same time.

I see what you mean about the paint. The key to the paint is using paint that is slightly watered down and flick the paint on using a toothbrush. Other than your paint job the shoes look great.

Yeah I'm going to wash the paint off and do it again! Thanks guys!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This is my paint job thus far.. and my custom leather strap.. :)
tumblr_lss9y3f4ye1qamsd5.jpg

QUICK QUESTION: why do you need resistors for LEDs?? What happens if you dont put resistor?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yep! You have to have resistors. And good job on the paint and strap!
Here is my new paint job. They are finally done!
a6fa209a-5e8c-dc60.jpg

a6fa209a-5eba-a880.jpg

a6fa209a-5ed6-5a7c.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

WOW... best custom thus far! Congratz bro.. I'll see you at the top when I've done with mine :)

oh yea bro.. you got your strap on the wrong side.. the Velcro is suppose to be on the inside not out,
nike-mag-9-thumb-620x413-31524.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man, can't wait to see yours! And thanks for noticing the strap. Next one will be done correctly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back