My next Can-I-Really-Do-This? project: the STV AMT Refit Model

Chrisisall

Sr Member
See, I don't have enough headaches in my life, so I decided to do this model that I just got on eBay...
$%28KGrHqIOKnEE1PzSru1iBNekcwGCk!~~_3.JPG

The 1/1000 was too small for me, the 1:350 too big...
Size matters, inaccuracies do not.

I want more of these styrene sheets, Kirk. Many, many more. I will fabricate with them. :lol

My recent paint job on my Art Asylum WOK toy
SANY4793.jpg

made me want to do it up in a bigger scale, with more detail.

Last edited:
I got the kit today:

SANY5023.jpg

First impressions:
Floor tiles on the hull not as thick & obtrusive as I'd expected- sanding will be a lot easier than I thought!
The missing/too small bumpy ridges in the front of the nacelles- I won't bother too much with that (maybe just a little). The bridge dome just needs to be taken down in height a tad. The planetary sensor piece I'll go nuts on though, the dome is way too small and the rest of the piece needs to be radically re-shaped. For me it's the most serious error on the kit. Photon torpedo piece will be an easy fix. Sanding the hull will take the most time- not difficult, just extensive.
rolleyes.gif
Deflector dish housing I have some ideas for...

I decided not to light it- sculpting & painting is more my thing, so I'll let this be just as pretty a 'statue' as I can make her.
smile.gif

I'd be interested in pictures of other folks builds & advice/input on this, if you'd be so kind...

Last edited:
I have this kit as well, it's currentlly taking a time out because i hate sanding.

The plan is that it's going to have wrath of khan battle damage and go with the reliant in the same scale.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with this kit.
Should be a fun project and I can't wait for your updates.

You can get a LOT of replacement parts and various lighting kits from Don`s light and Magic! Another good place to go is Staship Modeler.

Have fun with the build, post lots of pics!

The planetary sensor piece I'll go nuts on though, the dome is way too small and the rest of the piece needs to be radically re-shaped. For me it's the most serious error on the kit.

The Reliant kit has a much more accurate version of the same part.

The ST V Enterprise was the first model kit I ever built, over 20 years ago.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! :thumbsup

The Reliant kit has a much more accurate version of the same part.
My God, I'm such a dope! :facepalmAnd I did a Bozeman version of it, so the extra part has to be here somewhere- I NEVER throw good styrene out!

YES!!! You ROCK DB!! Thank you!

SANY5030.jpg

:lol

You certainly have some interesting odds and ends in your workshop: what appears to be a watermelon in a marshmallow can (?), a stuffed bunny rabbit...and what kind of telescope/spotting scope is that in the top picture?

Jst a telescope for lookin' at stars. LOL, ya got the Tyree thing!:thumbsup

Yeah, I was just curious: I've got a few 'scopes myself. I didn't recognize yours.

lol, when I read that, I kept thinking of Cloud William for some reason! But it just didn't make sense to say "That styrene which is ours, is ours again!":lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back