my newb gaunlets

king jami

my gaunlets

IMG00082.JPG

IMG00134.JPG

IMG00136.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that paint or tinfoil?

actual its card board i shape then i added details then cover with a layer of egg shell wall paint then
i covered it with mettalic pant two layers then i added black for a detailed effect

(4 days in making still have to make the wrist blades)

looks good, may i suggest a bit of weathering around the corners to give them some age? unless its there and the flash from the camera is hiding them lol

great start mate!

For mine I used High density partical board that was about 1/8th of an inch thick. I used foamies for the insets. (Foamies = a great material for everything)
Here they are in my gauntlets
th_100_2663.jpg

Wish I still had the old images though.

You should be able to find the template somewhere on the forumn for the AVP blades as well as templates for other parts.

th_100_2663.jpg

You are also doing a great job with taking your time making your gaunts, rush jobs always look kinda depressing, so your off to the right track with everything,
one material that you can use for the blades themselves is foam board, its easy to cut and doesnt give that ridgey effect like card board does, not to mention its easy to paint.
Though one thing I would be careful with is to make them to huge, and be careful wear you are swinging them, My blades didnt last 3 days at a Medium Sized con, and I wasent
doing much. =P

You are also doing a great job with taking your time making your gaunts, rush jobs always look kinda depressing, so your off to the right track with everything,
one material that you can use for the blades themselves is foam board, its easy to cut and doesnt give that ridgey effect like card board does, not to mention its easy to paint.
Though one thing I would be careful with is to make them to huge, and be careful wear you are swinging them, My blades didnt last 3 days at a Medium Sized con, and I wasent
doing much. =P

thanks for all the pointers it will help me alot
:p

and i will post a pic of my gaunlets when the blades are done

doing much. =P

... mine are huge lol I can't even open any doors :p plus i have a set on both gauntlets..... man i'm gonna be screwed

Can't wait to see them complete jami

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back