My new Terminator eyes...;-)

Oh,I forget to say how I made the effect...:lol
It´s very simple but effective...

Do you know TAMIYA?They are selling spraycolors for RC-Cars.
You need the Tamiya "smoke" for polycarbonate...:

Google-Ergebnis für http://web4.hobbylinc.com/gr/tam/tam86031.jpg

First fix the lenses on double sided adhesive tape..so they cannot remove when you spray. clean them with alcohol...but be carefull with dust particles..the lenses must be absolutly clear.

After that,spray plastic primer(clear) over the lenses(no sanding before..the lexancolour is very strong on this plastic)..

After that,spray the Tamiya paint...you need a little bit more,until you can see no red plastic.

The colour is flat after drying.So you need a thick layer with high gloss clear coat.But look for dust particles..optical lenses are perfect clean.

Let it dry long enough(I let dry it for 3 days)..because,when you handle it the coat must be hard enough...or you can see a fingerprint of you on the lense,when you pressed it in the terminatoreye.;-)

Hope I helped you with your Terminatorlook...fell free to ask me when you have any problems.:)

Last edited:
Hi Kroenen77,

I need your help.

My big Rogue Terminator T-800 project is finished but his eye lamps are burnt out as I sent 4.5 volts to them as per the bust. Sadly they blew in seconds :(

The big 1:1 sideshow endoskeleton has a HCG head, not a sideshow one.

How can I get to the back of the eyes and find the wires? There are thick glass LEDs behind the little lenses. How did you get them out.

His head can not come off and he is very tamper proof. I do not want to wreck him now after all the work I have done. I am more of a sculptor than an electronics person.

Please help me get inside without dismantling.

Thanks heaps

DSCF9621.jpg

Kroenen77,
I'm sending cyberdyne101 the same Radio Shack lamps that you got from me. The electronics are the same. His light bulbs burnt out.

The red part of the eye seems to be pushed in way too far.
My HCG is flush to the edge of the metal. I don't know why
yours is pushed so far in?

The red part of the eye seems to be pushed in way too far.
My HCG is flush to the edge of the metal. I don't know why
yours is pushed so far in?

That is the big LED not the lense.

Now I have a new problem.

I had to dremel the rim of the opening out so the burnt LED could be romoved but to my horror the wires are glued in somehow with a very hard epoxy putty like "kneed it-plastic steel" or something. The wires will not budge. I have used all kinds of tools to hold them and jiggle them but to no avail. The wires are way back behind the eyeball and can not come out :(

Is it possible to bore behind the iris and feed new wires in. The head swivels but can not be removed. The wires go up his spine.

I have looked at your pictures and it seems that you have the wires glued in place too. But mine have no slack and I cant get them out.

I tried to get the eye ball off and the little alignment arms came off ok but there is no way the eyeball itself can be removed.

The wires will not budge. Jiggles pulled and even forced them pretty hard but no go :(

DSCF9632.jpg

Last edited:
Only thing I can think of using is an ice pick. Carefully chip around the edges of the wires until they loosen enough to pull them out a bit.

Only thing I can think of using is an ice pick. Carefully chip around the edges of the wires until they loosen enough to pull them out a bit.

Yep I tried chiselling the putty in the hole beside the wires with a small hammer and a tiny screwdriver but the putty is like epoxy steel. I wonder if they fill up the heads on the big 1:1 full endos to make them tamper proof or something. Its like the wires are set in a solid mass all the way along the wire routing. :(

Hi guys..sorry I was not here for a while.
When I´ve seen it right,cyberyne101 wants to remove the lamps in the eyes,right?

That is really very hard stuff.In the HCG head the epoxy is really like steel.I think the only way to repair the lights inside is to open the head from the bottom side.Than you must run a cable beside to the broken older one.If you wanna remove the older one,you destroy the head too much.

I opened my HCG-Bust to deactivate the terrible sound.So think the only way to repair the electrics is from the bottom side.But I have no 1:1 Endo..all on your own risk.

Last edited:
Hi Kroenen77,

I need your help.

My big Rogue Terminator T-800 project is finished but his eye lamps are burnt out as I sent 4.5 volts to them as per the bust. Sadly they blew in seconds :(

The big 1:1 sideshow endoskeleton has a HCG head, not a sideshow one.

How can I get to the back of the eyes and find the wires? There are thick glass LEDs behind the little lenses. How did you get them out.

His head can not come off and he is very tamper proof. I do not want to wreck him now after all the work I have done. I am more of a sculptor than an electronics person.

Please help me get inside without dismantling.

Thanks heaps

DSCF9621.jpg

I'm glad he had the decency to put some pants on. :)

How about using a long, thin, steel drill?

It kind of goes up a nasil cavity and around to goodness knows where, not to mention the routing of the wire down the neck which allows the head to look around.

I wonder if I can use some little watch batteries and make a tiny super bright LED set up which will fit into the eye cavity?

After having my worst fears confirmed by Kroenan77 I am very reluctant to go into the smash and fix zone to relocate the wires. As it stands right now, it is a very impressive piece even without lights. It would be insanity to get too destructive on it.

I will continue to ponder ideas.

Thank you very much for sending me the eye lights oneye. All is not lost. Perhaps I just need time to think the problem through a different way.

Thanks heaps guys. I am fairly new here and am truly blown away by your helpful and supportive input. Means a lot :)

DSCF9643.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back