My New Star Wars Home Theater - Death Star Hangar

I was finally able to replace the older couch with a new one but I wanted to do more with the base. I built this pretty quickly to make sure it was done by the time the new couch arrived. I wanted to give the illusion the base was floating so I added some 2 x 4s to the bottom. You can see them in these pictures because of the angle but when you're in the room, they're not really visible. I also added some color changing LEDs to the base for effect. They can be changed to white, blue, red, or green. It looks pretty cool when the room is dark.

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2722.JPG

I also had to move the candy shelves to make a little more room, so I just moved my movies to the closet and put the candy in the cabinet.

IMG_2723.JPG

Still making small tweaks..............

Quick little update, been wanting to add some lights to my display cabinets. I didn't want to use the original lights I got from Ikea because they get hot and I didn't want to mess with wires. I love these remote / battery operated LED puck lights from Costco. Six pack for $15.00; can't go wrong there and they worked out great. I may need to add one more set to the second shelf, although the picture looks darker than it actually is.

IMG_4793.JPG

Last edited:
Been off the boards for a while, working on some home projects, one of which is my new Star Wars home theater. My old "mini theater" was getting too cramped so I decided to convert the loft into a larger theater. Sorry if you've attempted to look at some of my older threads, I recently switched web hosting companies so my old photos are mostly off-line at the moment, I'll work on putting those up next.

I'm going to try and make this room look like the inside of a Death Star bay / hallway / hangar. I'm not specifically trying to copy any exact image, just the idea.

Here is the loft prior to starting, put in some new gray carpet and started priming the walls to cover the old color.

View attachment 478092

View attachment 478103

I painted the front wall and ceiling black, mounted the new fans, projector, and screen. I'm running an Epson Optoma 3500. I was skeptical about getting a projector, but I wanted something larger for the room and still wanted 3D. For the price, I am incredibly happy. There was a lot of great feedback on this projector. The screen is 120".

View attachment 478094

I wanted the room to look like you were in the hanger looking out, so I started framing the side walls and making the front wall look like a bay door.

View attachment 478102

View attachment 478098

View attachment 478101

I'm going to paint the projector screen housing black along with the wire covers and control box. I also added a strip of blue LEDs that work off a remote.

View attachment 478099

Started installing the panels, slots will be cut out for the windows and there will be hinged panels covering them so they can be easily opened.

View attachment 478104

This room is bigger than my previous room, about 5' wider and 7' longer. I plan on putting some x-wings and tie fighters on the front wall, battling it out. Maybe some of those Fathead decals, not sure yet. So far this has been quite the project, especially since my carpentry skills suck.

Good god man, to say that this Death Star movie room is the most jaw-dropping, amazing movie theater in the galaxy would most definitely be an understatement! :D Sir you rock so hard! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back