My new "Man of Steel" costume thread (Eldonnaty/Pannaus Props)

Just to let you know, the shield on the suit didn't have a yellow layer. The yellow you see on the shield is the same fabric as the rest of the suit just airbrushed yellow. That's why it looks so low profile. Just wanted to let you know because in the picture you posted it looks like the shield is folding when you cross your arms and that might be why.

I imagine most of us working on one of these suits will likely have a yellow layer on our shields. Why? Because there are some emblem artists who have done incredible work on those and made that pattern pretty much spot on. But the puffy painted suit, while as close as anyone is likely to get until someone makes the pattern layer, is not going to be a perfect match for the emblem pattern. So, one makes an allowance. And if there is no puff paint behind the emblem area (as I am hoping to get Eldonnaty to do on mine), then you essentially have the same "depth".

Keep up the good work, btw!! Always been a fan of your outfits. :)

In my opinion its close enough...

This was all you had to say. I don't understand why you had to start insulting me by saying I was bitching. I can't afford any of this kinda stuff, I'm still in school. So the next best thing i can do is try to research how these suits are made and convey the info to the people actually buying and making these costumes.
When I read in Lunaman's Man Of Steel thread how the the shield didn't have a back layer I remembered the picture you posted and how your shield was folding when you crossed your arms and thought maybe you hadn't known. But I didn't expect this kind of response at all.

Your first post made your point (as did my reply) yet you keep on going, just like now.. drop it and move along. If you dont want to be treated like a troll, be more respectful in your posts... it'll keep you from being so butt-hurt in the future

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back