My new custom-case and the most beautiful Enterprise-A Trekmodeler has ever built!

Re: My new custom-case and the most beautiful Enterprise-A Trekmodeler has ever built

Personally, I would have gone for a pristine TMP E, but the battle damage is very unique. Enjoy, good sir. :)

That's the COOL part about the "damage" that I applied. It's all 100% TEMPORARY! I can remove it all whenever I want to and you'd never be able to tell that it was even there. :D

Re: My new custom-case and the most beautiful Enterprise-A Trekmodeler has ever built

You can make out the clear film/acetate sheet that the damage was applied to and then laid down. Awesome idea!

That's the COOL part about the "damage" that I applied. It's all 100% TEMPORARY! I can remove it all whenever I want to and you'd never be able to tell that it was even there. :D

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this commission build cost you?

You can make out the clear film/acetate sheet that the damage was applied to and then laid down. Awesome idea!

DING DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER! Give that man a prize! That's EXACTLY how I did it. Whenever I don't like the damage, I just slide the little acetate off of the upper hull and she's MINT again! :D

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this commission build cost you?

Hi, If you wanna P.M. me, I can certainly tell you about what I had done on my build and what it cost me. It's all kinda immaterial though because he's restructured his prices several times since then so whatever he is charging these days bears no relation to what I paid him back then. The best thing to do is to e-mail "TrekModeler" and ask him. I remember that it's kind of a sliding scale depending on what you want him to do for you and the level of difficulty involved.

Of all the different Starships that have been created to date {canon and noncanon}, this is my favorite. Thanks for the in work pics. You wouldn"t happen to know what colors were used for the aztecing? They look much better than the decals that came with the model from Polar Lights. Also Love your display case, very nicely done.

Looks real awesome. Very Jealous.

That is one impressive build! Great battle damage and lighting work. Love the display case, too, with the blue lighting. You should take out an insurance policy on her!

Very cool and and since they're red shirts should we even care that they're not wearing spacesuits? lol

I'd make a special trip to a museum if they put this much effort into a display of the E-A. Brilliant!

Question - the aztec pattern on this model came out great, to say the least! Does anyone know if there is a stencil kit available for the smaller AMT 20(ish) inch Constitution refit (TMP)? I'm restoring my old kit (I have on a separate post - TMP Enterprise AMT Re-build) and would love to do the aztec design on that as well.And what shade of blue did you use?Awesome job!!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back