My New Black Panther

rockeagle2001

Hi all!

Just wanted to share my black panther suit with everyone.

So basically, I started w a muscle suit base and then covered it w a sub dye costume.

After that I used 3 different materials and covered the different patterns of the suit

8f54996a13deb601ce77c1c133f00d49.jpg

246d621c1b4d4518aafd107d9befbc4f.jpg

I haven't done the gloves,legs and necklace and I'm waiting for my friend to complete the new panther helmet. The older one was slightly bigger than expected.

Here's me wearing the costume!

5dbd4ac651c5f98df6538470647fe226.jpg
24f95eeae3f1bf6b2e16cb08652d4320.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ten year old son and I are embarking on our first build, so we are complete novices here. We are just looking around for ideas and drawing up our designs at this point, but he really likes the look you've got going on. He prefers the multi textured design you created. I was wondering if you could tell us what the 3 materials you are using for suit and were you sourced the gloves and the sub dye suit.

Wow dude, I love your thinking on the bodysuit, awesome.

Am looking at starting my own build on this very soon, so seeing your build is very inspiring.

Great work Sir, great work indeed - looking forward to the whole look together.

Hi all!

It's a pretty simple process but it hinges on 2 things.

1) a life size mannequin of yourself, which is easy to build. U need this to stretch out suit, so that it retains its shape when worn

2) a sub dye suit with the pattern printed on. All I had to do was to trace the pattern out on my 3 fabrics and cut them out and paste. Simple process!

56335b5b52534b9846b634096f1d410b.jpg
8dd24fbce1a831bf034adb01f0860966.jpg

I have to add that it's a tedious process and requires a lot of patience. I have been working on this since just before the movie was released here. But I'm glad it's turning out great so far!

I will be posting some pics on the fabric type and the gloves which I have completed. The trick is to not go overboard with relying on the cut out patterns. It really requires two type of fabric. And I used puff paint as u can tell for some of the details!

Take a look at my gloves!

It's a simple one that I felt best encapsulated the gloves on the suit

I bought the hasbro marvel black panther child gloves and noticed that it fitted cause it was quite huge.

Next I cut out the fingers and the backing and attached them w hot glue on to some fingerless gloves that I bought for $3

344908bbcc300aeba034a7dbed2a2cae.jpg

I had to make sure it fitted around the wrists so there are straps there that allows u to tighten the gloves.

a85421d6aac051c46ca17a08c4d3930b.jpg

Nice gloves. I've got some that I plan to add claws to using Worbla. but I've never worked with Worbla before, so I'll see how that turns out.

I also plan to do the necklace claws with worbla. Do you have a plan for the necklace yet? I'm looking for ideas on design and attachment.

Well for the neck I have a few ideas.

One is to craft it out of foam. Glue it to the suit. But the question is will it look accurate and sturdy enough to hold its shape.

Secondly is to craft it out of clay. Or get it 3d printed. But the suit will not be washable.

The fourth way is to get this mask. Cut out the bottom and glue it on. It's easy, looks the part, soft and keeps its shape. Plus it's made of latex. I'm leaning towards this. And it's cheap too. $25.

Thirdly
2784916a993ce8ce7353465d6ec488d4.jpg

What do u guys think?

That's the same mask I've got. I already cut the mask from the neck area and I'm using the rest to test my layout. Once I work with the Worbla and see how easy or difficult it might be to shape, then I'll decide if I want to make the pieces or just cut the ones off of the mask.

If I had a 3d printer I would have just printed some, but I haven't invested in that tech yet.

That's the same mask I've got. I already cut the mask from the neck area and I'm using the rest to test my layout. Once I work with the Worbla and see how easy or difficult it might be to shape, then I'll decide if I want to make the pieces or just cut the ones off of the mask.

If I had a 3d printer I would have just printed some, but I haven't invested in that tech yet.

Yes that sounds good! I'm using Eva foam for it currently.

And here are my boots!

So I started with this

3ecf59899a77b478651accae41b71924.jpg

So I had to build boot covers. I measured my own legs with glad wrap and duct tape and cut the shapes out. It's then adorned with the remaining fabric and Eva foam before I connected both sides with a zip

I think it looks pretty ok!

d65a0b9a26a6134648fd2bb05e6aa338.jpg
a6716aa53755383f39f49051add840ae.jpg

In other news, my 3d printed helmet is here. Can't wait to start working on it!

ecc66fea3c7b6bf992ceb013f8697379.jpg

Love it. I was thinking for the neck piece and for the claws to use a thermoplastic bead product like Intsamorph and then paint it with silver nail polish. Though your glove/claw combo is very impressive and might be the way I go for my son's build.

That is sooooo nice. If my turns out half as good as this I'll be happy.
2 Questions:
Are the vibranium parts on the glove there when you bought it, or was it something you added?
Also, what did you use for the eyes on the mask, and how well can you see out of it?

That is sooooo nice. If my turns out half as good as this I'll be happy.
2 Questions:
Are the vibranium parts on the glove there when you bought it, or was it something you added?
Also, what did you use for the eyes on the mask, and how well can you see out of it?

Hey thanks man!

Appreciate the compliment! I'm sure yours will turn out awesome as well!

Anyway,

1. Do you mean the gauntlets? I crafted them from Eva foam. Just.cut out the patterns and painted it and then glued it on.

2. For the eyes, I used tinted window film. I could have used pearl white for more accuracy but I love the chrome look this one brings. And yes, I can see perfectly clearly out of this one. It's really great vision!

Pls do ask me more questions if you guys have any!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back