My Mjolnir build: COMPLETE (pg.2)

Re: My Mjolnir build: WIP

That's looking great. I may have to try making one of these. I can just see it when the movie comes out and there is a line of people at the theatre all holding there hammers. :)

Re: My Mjolnir build: WIP <Upd: Dec 20th>

Using my templates from earlier (when I tried to make my FAIL stamp) I created a stencil that I used to mark out my text.

I lucked out today, and got time to spend over at a friends house and commandeered his dremel. These are todays' results as follows:
Stenciled text:
890f797c.jpg

Dremel work complete:
d487ab98.jpg

Primer:
ef8d84e2.jpg

REALLY getting excited about how this is turning out...

Working some more right now. Just finished the fine sanding and 1st wet-sand.
Threw down a thin coat of black gloss, waiting for that to dry.

Another update for DEC: 22nd
Almost done with this... I just have some small paint touch-up and have to wrap the handle! :D
Pictures are still camera phone.... once it has been 'gifted' I'll make sure to post with my good camera.

Black base coat (left to cure over-night):
6ce0383e.jpg

Various angles post silver metallic rub:
0b78cf2f.jpg
ac7828f5.jpg
a681bf33.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Mjolnir build: WIP <Upd: Pg 2.> 12/22

Last picture upload before Christmas.
This is pretty much done! Just some touch ups to do here and there (and make sure my leather is glued DOWN) But otherwise...

I'll have better pictures after the 25th ;)
e857680c.jpg
5e79c8d8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Mjolnir build: DONE? Pg. 2

That is a thing of beauty, my friend. Well done!

What did you use for the metallic rub?

Your dad is going to love that. I wasn't sure when I saw the black base coat, but after you added the silver metalic rub it all came together. Like weaponx82, I am also interested in what you used for that.

Nice work! You have just enough time to make the doctor's walking stick!

Your dad is going to be thrilled, I'm sure. It looks very true to the comic version as I remember it. And, though I couldn't remember if it said "whoever" or "whosoever" your carving of the text looks fantastic!

That metal and stone one is cool too! I am looking forward to this movie.

You know your a Halo geek when you go into a Thread marked mjolnir expecting the Master Chief's armor suit instead of the mythic hammer lol.

You know your a Halo geek when you go into a Thread marked mjolnir expecting the Master Chief's armor suit instead of the mythic hammer lol.

Haha, have no idea how many times I've considered changing the title...

Granted, as a true Halo geek, if it was armor I would have been sure to delineate "My Mjolnir Mk. IV build".... or otherwise. I hope to have a thread dedicated to such a thing someday in the future... *sigh*

Thanks for the nice comments guys, I hope to turn the tables on my father this christmas :)

Vaderman said:
And, though I couldn't remember if it said "whoever" or "whosoever" your carving of the text looks fantastic!

Well.... s***.
How did I not catch that? Oh well... at least I'll know if anyone tries to re-cast ;).
Seriously though, I just went into a cold sweat, I can't believe I missed that

Eh, couldn't help taking a few more pictures while I was cleaning up the shed.

This is how my dad will find his "new tool" in the shed Saturday morning:
IMG_0276.jpg
IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Re: My Mjolnir build: DONE? Pg. 2 Pic heavy

Oh, and to those who were wondering about my silver: It is a bit unconventional.

I use Rustoleum brand metallic spray paints, and I overspray them into a soft rag, and then *very quickly* rub it onto the surface. It gives it a very nice, smooth, uneven-ness that works very well for "rough" metallic surfaces.

Re: My Mjolnir build: DONE? Pg. 2 Pic heavy

Looks awesome, great job, I'd like to see his reacting when he sees it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back