My Mauser/ANH-Hero Conversion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Wakal, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wakal

Wakal Well-Known Member

Nothing special, just nice machined parts and a Hensoldt scope on a functional Mauser. Good enough for me :p

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag...ser_1_dec05.jpg

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag...ser_2_dec05.jpg

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag...ser_3_dec05.jpg

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag...ser_4_dec05.jpg

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag...ser_5_dec05.jpg

No front sight, because I don't like 'em. A Magic Mystery Disk, because I think it looks neat. Very little weathering, just because. And yes, that is a ESB badge with an ANH blaster, but a friend of mine made that badge for me and I like to display it in the blaster case instead of just piled up on the shelves with the rest of my oddball collection :)

Alex

2. WinstonWolf359

WinstonWolf359 Sr Member

Nice job Alex.

My favorite blaster has always been the ANH hero, and that's an amazing example.

:D

3. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

Very nice, Alex.

Are you going to upgrade with the accurate steel suppressor and bracket replicas when I'm done with 'em? :D

- Gabe

4. wtac

wtac Well-Known Member

Hi

your blaster is stunning, did you use a real c96? as the milling on the reciever is spot on.

5. Hairyloft

Hairyloft Well-Known Member

Hi The anh is my favourite blaster and yours is the business.

6. Gojira61

Gojira61 Sr Member

That's just one OUTSTANDING blaster.

Jim

7. wolverine solo

wolverine solo Well-Known Member

great work as always.

8. Probe Droid

Probe Droid Master Member

Nothing special my *. That's a babe. Beautiful job.

9. Wakal

Wakal Well-Known Member

That is a real Mauser C96; I finally found one with reasonably close grips and machine work (Broomhandles were never a "primary" product for Mauser, and the markings and layout varies pistol-to-pistol by an astounding degree).

[Edited for content - RPF Staff]

Alex

10. Solo Nomo

Solo Nomo New Member

Wow.... that's just beautiful.

11. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

The BEST ANH Hero I've EVER seen.. Simply amazing :eek You should definitely be proud of your newest aquisition. :thumbsup

Steve

12. Wakal

Wakal Well-Known Member

13. Henry Wayne

Henry Wayne Active Member

Awesome.. :thumbsup :thumbsup

14. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 New Member Gone but not forgotten.

Alex, your latest ANH is a true work of art. I wonder if you might post a couple of head on shots from the business end and the hammer end.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then I would be your most sincere sycophant.

Awesome work.

15. Corellianexports

Corellianexports Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great work as always, Alex. ;)

16. Wakal

Wakal Well-Known Member

Vince, the machined aluminum grill just makes that blaster, even though my Hensoldt isn't quite as spiffy as yours :)

I'm in the process of packing up my house; if the movers are late tomorrow I'll take some front and back pictures of my latest Mauser/ANH ;)

Alex

17. wuher da brewer

wuher da brewer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very cool Alex. I like it.

18. scarf man

scarf man Sr Member

Alex, is your bull barrel a "sleeve" or a cut and add job? Does it still shoot? Any advise on the ANH bull barrel, with a real C-96 and still wanting it to function? Also any idea where I can find a bolt stop for a C-96? Looked all arround the net and localy.
    Lots of questions, sorry.
    Oh yeah, very nice build up..

19. Wakal

Wakal Well-Known Member

[Edited for content - RPF Staff]

Black-anodized steel? Ummm...you can't anodize steel. You can black oxide it, which would look pretty close to (aluminum) anodizing... $40 would be a hell of a price point.

Someone asked for more pictures:

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag...ser_6_dec05.jpg

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag...ser_7_dec05.jpg

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag...ser_8_dec05.jpg

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag...ser_9_dec05.jpg

The barrel is shrouded, not cut and welded (like the more accurate blaster in those double-shots)...the pistol still works fine, and is still chambered in 30 Mauser.

If I could find bolt stops, I'd be rich (since everyone wants 'em). I have three Broomhandles in the back of the safe right now that have cracked 'stops, and nobody (in any country that I can import from) has any. Sigh.

Alex

20. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

First, Alex, * cool blaster :thumbsup . I could only imagine how cool it would be to take that thing down to the range and fire it a few times. Now if you could only get red tracer rounds for it... :love

Second, Gabe, what I think Alex was referring to with the "$800 debacle" was the whole big argument we all got into a while back when people were trying to sell off original $150 Obi parts for $800+. I don't think his attack had anything to do with your MG81 supressor (though I could be wrong. I have been known to wrong....from time time to time :lol ).

-Fred

21. gavidoc

gavidoc Well-Known Member

I can see where he's coming from Gabe. While it shouldn't be directed at you, price-gouging members for a handful of parts has happened in the past.

There has in the past been only 1 person who offered all metal bracket kits that were made of all machined aluminum. They were done on a per person order basis and no runs were made of them. I think only 5 were made total. To give you an idea of pricing for those, they were $150 IIRC for just the unfinished assembled parts.

Alex,

That is a nicely done blaster. Now weather the darn thing for goodness sake.

22. Wakal

Wakal Well-Known Member

Gigatron: just so :p That is exactly where I was going, and it seems that everyone (except one person) got it just fine.

Gavidoc: Yep, and a darn nice all-machined scope mount they were, too. I still think it is the best version built thus far :lol Weather? Never.

[Edited for content -RPF Staff]

Alex

23. scarf man

scarf man Sr Member

Alex, thanks for answering the questions I posted. If you ever come across a source for C-96 bolt stops, LMK.

24. Wakal

Wakal Well-Known Member

Can do easy; if you ever find any I could use a half-dozen too :)

Alex

25. greatwazoo42

greatwazoo42 Sr Member

Sweet looking work.

26. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey PR....calm down please.

I usually don´t participate in "escalating" threads, but this is getting hilarious IMO.

Gav and gigatron tried to interpret Alex statement and that´s exactly the way I understood it as well. Alex´s statement was generally about making a BIG penny out of selling and reselling, even if you can´t blame these guys, since they wouldn´t be able to make a huge profit, if there´d be no people, who´d be willing to PAY these prices...right ;) ?.

Again...Alex didn´t mean to offend you, so please don´t try to put on this shoe. It wasn´t made to fit you ;) I´m sorry if Alex´s post was open to wrong interpretations...I understood it the way I told you.

I highly appreciate all the time and efforts you´re putting into researching, blueprinting and offering high-end replica parts for us guys, who are not able to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on the real deal. THANK YOU GABE.

Alex: Great buildup :) :thumbsup

PEACE, Markus :)

27. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

The staff pulled this thread for review. What started out as a great show-off thread for a finely-built replica deteriorated into a mud-slinging mess over a misunderstanding.

We've removed some posts completely that could not be salvaged, and edited out other comments if the post had some redeeming value to the thread. Going forward, please keep this thread on-topic.

It's a New Year, guys... why not try to put old grievances behind us and strive to make 2006 a better year for all. :)

28. jp529

jp529 New Member

i like your blaster dude.makes me want one.
    :thumbsup

29. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

Interesting development... "Edited for content?" How about "Edited for BAITING comments?" This truly makes me sick... This clean-up job was more suited to Winston Wolf (from Pulp Fiction, not the RPF). Lonnie, nice try to sanitize and rewrite what many, many people saw for what it was: Alex's patronizing, baiting, and unfounded accusations. "Misunderstandings?" "Old grievances?" I didn't have EITHER with Alex until this thread came along, so don't you DARE insult my intelligence, sir. :angry

Obiwan72: nice attempt at damage control and de-escalation, and I sincerely thank you for your compliments, but I saved the thread and can quote you verbatim very deliberate and falacious accusations. There's no point, though, is there, since Lonnie saw fit to delete them. Now why would he if they were not outrageous and offensive to begin with?

This was Alex's obvious attempt to besmirch my character and reputation due to the fact that he suddnly feels threatened by my contributions, accomplishments and upcoming blaster-related projects. Instead of protecting him, why don't you issue him an official warning for baiting the way you did for me? :rolleyes

Need I remind you and everyone what Alex did when Steve Dymszo politely asked him to stand down from selling ANH buildups since MR was about to release theirs? He publicly published Steve's e-mail and was publicly scorned for his bad form then too. Or has that bit of history also been suppressed and burried to spare Alex's reputation, for what it's worth?

What a $^*%@#% outrage...

I have half a mind to ditch this cesspool, but I'm not going to let a lowlife like Alex, his apologists, and enablers ruin the experience for me.

What a way to end 2005... Happy FRAKKEN New Year.

- Gabe

30. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Great work :thumbsup

31. amish

amish Sr Member

Personally, I saw no reason why this thread should have been edited. Alex said some things about Gabe that where in bad taste and Gabe had every right to defend those accusations. Nothing needed to be hidden or swept under the carpet.

I just dont understand, but then again, I am not a moderator here so I guess you must have some reason besides Happy New Year for doing this.

Anyway, there is no reason two adults cannot have a debate, argument, or whatever. Sometimes it is healthy to let these things happen rather then trying to stifle them. In fact, sometimes censoring things can make things worse for everyone in the end. I would hope you could reconsider and bring back this thread in itÂ’s entirety.

Thanks for listening.. Happy New Year.

Tom

32. DARKSIDE72

DARKSIDE72 Sr Member

You forget that this is a sterile environment. You are not allowed to have an opinion or state any, other than what is concidered to be acceptable. :rolleyes

33. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

Gabe, a couple of people in this thread have already stated the obvious. Alex painted "all the new discoveries" with a broad brush and mixed in a little "price gouging" to get people's attention. You took it to mean you and your project, and came out swinging. It went downhill fast from there.

Alex's original comments were questionable... but he was way out of line with his subsequent comments aimed at you and others.

You took the questionable comments and made a mountain out of a molehill. Your "indignation" was the fuel for this fire.

Who said those comments were aimed at you, Gabe?
    If you want to debate the details on a prop, go for it. If you want to take a swing at somebody, you'll have to take it outside. Self-policing on behalf of the membership was an experiment that failed years ago on the RPF. If a member has a problem with something that is said in a post, all you have to do is let a moderator know. If you attack back, you're just as guilty as the first guy.

Nope, you're right... no opinions allowed on the RPF. :rolleyes

Have a Happy New Year Everbody. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.