My Luke and Vader ANH sabers

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just finished upgrading my Vader ANH saber with real t-track from Saber Freak. Thanks Pol.

Its a real MPP but the end cap and shroud are replica. The thumbscrew is real though. Hopefully I can upgrade the remaining replica parts one day.

Here are some pictures of it along side my Luke ANH hero saber which also has real t-track on it.

anh_sabers1.jpg

anh_sabers3.jpg

anh_sabers4.jpg

anh_sabers5.jpg

anh_sabers2.jpg

Can't bring myself to drill out the name plate and cut down the real Exactra strip :confused
anh_sabers6.jpg

Nice showoff.

But I'd take a saw to that Exactra in a heartbeat: you've gone 99% of the way, just go the final 1% :)

Did you just use a thin strip of double-sided tape to attach the T-track?
(mine is on it's way)

Nice Marcus.
If you could land a real MPP endcap it would help further. You wouldn't have as high an edge on the cap for the grip to bridge, with a real one. I never understood why the replica parts were exagerated in this way?

The underside of the t-track was shaped using a rounded file then finished off by wrapping a rough grit sand paper around a 1 1/2" tube and sanding.

They are glued on with epoxy.

Great job, Marcus :thumbsup . There's nothing better than seeing the originals done right.

Personally, I would go with a replica 6 bubble strip (at least until you can find an original shroud and endcap) and knock out the name plate. It takes 2 minutes and doesn't damage the plate at all. Just take out the guts and use a nail. Go in through one of the ports opposite the rivets and set the nail in the rivet. Lightly tap the nail on a countertop and the plate and rivets will come right out.

But that's just my 2 cents

-Fred

kurt ill buy a replica exactra strip, and trade you for that real one for my graflex, so you wont have to cut it.

what a deal... :rolleyes

lookin good bro. :love

those do look great. Nice job. If you could bring yourself to install the d-ring on the graflex, then where's the harm in dropping the plate from the tube or cutting the bubbles.

Awesome..

<div class='quotetop'>(lesternessman @ Jul 22 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1285772[/snapback]</div>
those do look great. Nice job. If you could bring yourself to install the d-ring on the graflex, then where's the harm in dropping the plate from the tube or cutting the bubbles.

Awesome..
[/b]

That's JUST what I was thinking. As well as putting the clamp boxes in the CORRECT positions. But they're your sabers and you can do whatever you want with them :) .

Nice stuff. I say cut grind and drill everything to finish the conversion. The MPP is already torn apart and missing parts. The Calculator is also already torn up. So you might as well go all the way. What you should have done if you really did not want to damage the Exactra or the MPP, is keep them whole and display them next to a Replica saber with a Plaque explaining where on the Prop they were used. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Jul 22 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1285788[/snapback]</div>
One more thing, the ANH Vader's clamp sidebars were chrome. The ESB saber had black sidebars.
[/b]

Yeah, but I'd take incorrect black sidebars from a REAL MPP over replica correct ones anyday......

very nice...I have been using a hair dryer to get some curve to teh tracks to fit my graflex. Just need an exactra bubble strip..to make it 100%(minus the d-rng)

anyone know of any real exactra laying around...it woudl be ashame to cut them..

I actually tried that because looking at the ANH originals (not ESB or ROTJ) I thought it looked like that's how they were done... but I tried and gave up. Any tips???

<div class='quotetop'>(damon5973 @ Jul 23 2006, 12:51 AM) [snapback]1285820[/snapback]</div>
very nice...I have been using a hair dryer to get some curve to teh tracks to fit my graflex. Just need an exactra bubble strip..to make it 100%(minus the d-rng)

anyone know of any real exactra laying around...it woudl be ashame to cut them..
[/b]

Great job modding the tracks Marcus. I tried to put a curve to a few and I gave up after a while :p

<div class='quotetop'>(Ghost Host @ Jul 23 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]1285835[/snapback]</div>
I have an extra Exactra... :)[/b]
Hey you should've told me you have an extra Exactra bubble, I'd have traded you a whole lot of T-tracks for it :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back