My Linhof/Kobold Droid Caller 'Idealized' Build Attempt

I then cut out the battery and tucked the remaining wires in. I don't think I'm going to remove any other interior components as they are inert as is.

View attachment 1317435 View attachment 1317436

I believe that's actually a big old capacitor and not the battery. The battery would have been clipped between the two little cone-shaped metal prongs seen in the 2nd photo.

Got the textured paint in and I opted to not Bondo the sheath, so I painted away. It turned out okay I think. The wrinkling is a bit different than I wanted and doesn't quite match the original finish seen on Kobolds but it does work.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 5.30.57 PM.png

I overpsrayed a bit and there's some uneven build-up but I'm not going to re-do it as it looks fine.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 5.33.48 PM.png

Linhof logo was well covered so thankfully no Bondo choice was good.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 5.31.52 PM.png

It hasn't fully set either (sat for 19-ish hours) and I was able to kind of hand-rub it to tamp some of its pronounced look down. Almost like a mild hand-buffing.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 5.32.10 PM.png

Next up is the d-ring assembly mod and then that's it.

Just saw this thread! I was able to achieve a worn wrinkle finish by using ultra fine steel wool lightly on the texture. Would be perfect for this!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back