My lightsabers & blasters thread (Compac Super Scope)

I might be in the minority but your copper spacer is closer to the right size for the prop. It looks like the mount is around 1/8" metal, (or use the bigger of the 2 bolts' head size) so you can guestimate the spacer size? a little more than 1/4" since the gun is tipped away from us here
AlHoth.jpeg

I also feel you about the Denix sub par ness, I hate it. I will say I've only sanded and filed Denixes by hand which takes a couple days or around 5 or 6 hours. I saw you pull out the rotary thing and i was like phew!!!

I might be in the minority but your copper spacer is closer to the right size for the prop. It looks like the mount is around 1/8" metal, (or use the bigger of the 2 bolts' head size) so you can guestimate the spacer size? a little more than 1/4" since the gun is tipped away from us here
View attachment 1292630

I also feel you about the Denix sub par ness, I hate it. I will say I've only sanded and filed Denixes by hand which takes a couple days or around 5 or 6 hours. I saw you pull out the rotary thing and i was like phew!!!

Yes, I see what you mean about the thickness of the mount. It could try to make a comp for the thickness of the mount, but doing the spacer is much harder since we can't see the entire thing. I'm glad you brought this up before I started working on the real parts Han Hoth. I won't be making the changes to this idealized version, but I will to the real parts one.

View attachment 1292630

I've been thinking about this mount a bit. Do we know the wall thickness of standard square stock or angle stock aluminum? I'm guessing that they just cut it out of whatever they had on hand. I think the bolt head sizes were found to be the same size, but the front one isn't screwed in all the say which you can see a small gap.

Mortifactors estimate on the disc was 3mm which looks right, and the bracket is almost the same, so i think i estimated 1/8" (not sitting wity my props atm)

Now, the stock they used was larger because theres no extruded soft edge on the bottom. I also thought i saw the top was thinner than the bottom of the bracket but that may be an optical illusion. I just did a boatload of comparisons in my mgc thread, maybe we can nail down measurements, the spacer seems to be 4.5 screw heads from the bottom of the gun but im worried it moved over the years..

This is from DL44 Blaster dude, I... think... it's an optical illusion and both sides of the bracket are the same thickness.. the bracket is a hair thicker than the disc, which might be 3/32... so 4/32 or 1/8" I don't have a real M19 bolt to measure though, the bracket looks similar to the bolt head.
Also, what I mentioned earlier, most of the general aluminum I get looks like this, so if the part you need is 20mm, and you order 20mm, you will get this curved edge. You either need to find some cut straight or get a wider piece like 25mm and chop it yourself. Actually the real mount doesn't have a curved inner corner!
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 3.58.02 PM.png

Edit: I mistakedly re-posted the al roker photo and forgot I'd already posted it, sorry!

This is from DL44 Blaster dude, I... think... it's an optical illusion and both sides of the bracket are the same thickness.. the bracket is a hair thicker than the disc, which might be 3/32... so 4/32 or 1/8" I don't have a real M19 bolt to measure though, the bracket looks similar to the bolt head.
Also, what I mentioned earlier, most of the general aluminum I get looks like this, so if the part you need is 20mm, and you order 20mm, you will get this curved edge. You either need to find some cut straight or get a wider piece like 25mm and chop it yourself. Actually the real mount doesn't have a curved inner corner!
View attachment 1295364

Edit: I mistakedly re-posted the al roker photo and forgot I'd already posted it, sorry!

That inner angle is the first thing that jumped out at me, definitely not correct. I wonder if square stock has that too.

Finally got to watch #2 all the way through, nice pipe cutter!!!

Also, I think the problem you ran into with your screws is what I'm dealing with, with my non-idealized build. The disc screws can't interfere with the piston screws, OR the side-screws on the piston side. That's like 7 screws, wtf

Anyway, looking stellar, A+ on that paint job

dustin, super impressive how you can pump these videos out so quick, job well done man!
Thanks man.

Finally got to watch #2 all the way through, nice pipe cutter!!!

Also, I think the problem you ran into with your screws is what I'm dealing with, with my non-idealized build. The disc screws can't interfere with the piston screws, OR the side-screws on the piston side. That's like 7 screws, wtf

Anyway, looking stellar, A+ on that paint job
Yeah, I've put it the mount on a couple times when I first got the kit, it's definitely a pain in the a**.

any progress on the joystick?
Not really anything new to report on the joystick. teecrooz possible identified the white blurry rectangles on the far side, I think its the correct part but it's hard to 100% nail that down. Still no leads on the stick part.

Your welcome buddy I know you've wanted a COMPAC Super scope for ages for your build, this is in appreciation for all of the.... can you sort this, can you build this, can you check the postage for this, can you ship this... etc etc etc oooh and can I take over your workshop & store all my treasures lol!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back